Risk, Safety, Workers' Compensation Claims Manager
RISK, SAFETY, CLAIMS MANAGER
The Risk Manager is responsible for establishing appropriate risk management processes and controls to aid our Professional Employer Organization in optimizing its total cost of risk.
Specifically the Risk Manager is accountable for:
- Providing technical consultation to executive leadership on all aspects related to the efficient and profitable operation of the risk management platform.
- Establishing and executing an effective new client selection (underwriting) process for our Professional Employer Organization (PEO).
- Working with the workers compensation carrier to provide accurate and timely information related to new client additions, client terminations, and any changes in client exposures.
- The daily management of Company's workers compensation program for both the temporary staffing and PEO operations.
- Working with clients to promote the establishment/maintenance of a safe and healthy workplace
- Coordinating the reporting of workers compensation claims and managing claims to closure.
- Participating in the procurement of workers compensation, package, employment practices liability, temporary staffing liability and other property casualty insurance policies as required by business needs/risk exposures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Client Employer Screening (risk assessment/underwriting)
- view potential new clients (in the field) to identify any prohibited or "grey" exposures.
- Confirm correct workers compensation class code assignments.
- Conduct prospective client pre-surveys as required to quantify potential risk, determine acceptability to Company's workers compensation program, and develop any necessary risk management action plans.
New Client On-Boarding
- Work directly with the insurance carrier to ensure new client acceptability onto the workers compensation program.
- Once approved by the workers compensation insurance carrier ensure accurate, timely submission of client action forms so client is properly added to the appropriate insurance policy.
- Receive new client policy endorsements from the carrier and audit for accuracy.
- Process any client name or location changes with the carrier via endorsement.
- Issue certificates of insurance as requested (via electronic system).
- Assist clients in the development and implementation of safety programs as required by their specific hazard exposures.
- Measure client level safety performance to ensure clients are performing at an acceptable level.
- Identify any client specific negative performance trends and develop a plan to mitigate as needed.
- Monitor book of business safety performance to identify any global accident frequency or severity trends.
- Develop appropriate strategies to mitigate book of business trends.
- Create a unique dmDickason risk management "value proposition" for use in attracting and retaining clients.
- Develop an effective claims reporting system for client loss reporting.
- Measure client reporting lag time.
- If necessary, assist client with reporting claims to the appropriate carrier.
- Ensure First Report of Injury is completed and on file with the appropriate carrier.
- Measure client claims reporting lag time.
- Manage the mini-TPA function (minor medical only claims) on behalf of Company.
- Coordinate management of the Medicare set aside reporting program for Company.
- Work with client companies and injured employees to ensure utilization of the appropriate medical treatment facility.
- Maintain open communication with all appropriate parties throughout the life of the workers compensation claim.
- Develop and implement an effective Return to Work/Modified Duty program for injured employees who are released to return to work with certain restrictions.
- Develop and implement an effective Drug Free Workplace Policy.
- Personally investigate all client level injuries resulting in days away from work.
- Conduct a monthly internal review of open claims.
- Conduct a quarterly external review (with the appropriate carrier) of open claims greater than $10,000.
Program Performance Metrics
- Develop a monthly report of key operating metrics and present to executive management with analysis of results and appropriate recommendations for improvement.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years' experience in Risk Management/Safety and Worker Compensation claims administration. Specific knowledge of Texas and New Mexico Workers compensation systems are preferred.
- PEO (Professional Employer Organization) Industry helpful, but not absolutely required.
- Must have practical experience in developing risk management/safety programs and excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Bi-lingual language skills (English/Spanish) are essential to long term success in this position.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must have appropriate relevant technical skills and experience in Safety, Claims and Risk Management. We will not train.
- Will be expected to work "on call" and respond to after-hour injuries or worksite safety issues as necessary.
May direct their resumes directly to Connie Cassatt, Recruiter at CCassatt@dmDickason.com or call Connie at (915). 532.9400
El Paso, TX
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:26:50 PDT