Plan, direct, and coordinate all daily functions of a Lumber Yard. Duties and responsibilities include purchasing materials, establishing pricing, work with corporate office to formulate policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials, human resources, and equipment. Achieve revenue goals, appropriate inventory management and manage expenses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Company Safety Committee Leader
- Directs and coordinates activities of business and departments concerned with production, pricing, sales, and distribution of lumber.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Evaluate job performances of office and yard personnel.
- Implement company policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Coordinate all advertising and sales promotions with assistant yard manager District Manager.
- Provide sales assistance and service to customers.
- Assist customers in yard and/or store as needed, making sure all customers are treated properly with the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Be aware of and resolve all customer complaints.
- Be familiar with all estimates/quotes being done and make sure they are being priced out correctly.
- Learn and maintain a firm understanding of all back office procedures (i.e. bookkeeping, banking, payroll, waivers, etc.)
- Always be looking for new products or sources to purchase from. Be aware of corporate buying policies.
- Determines goods and services to be sold, and the movement of goods into and out of yard.
- Perform sale floor work such as greeting and assisting customers, stocking shelves, and taking customer orders.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees and oversee the performance of personnel.
- Any other responsibility that management deems necessary.
JOB Qualifications AND REQUIREMENTS
- HS Diploma or GED required, College or trade school preferred.
- Construction or Lumber knowledge helpful.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience.
4. Ability to work independently and to think and resolve problems.
5. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently.
6. This position is subject to pre-employment and reasonable-suspicion drug screening and background check.
Alexander Lumber Co is family owned and comprised of a group of full line building material locations. The company has been servicing various Illinois and Wisconsin markets for over 120 years. Alexander Lumber Co. takes great pride in the level of customer service and the quality products it provides. The company focus is on serving the needs of contractors and project consumers. From lumber to flooring, Alexander has it all.
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 07:24:03 PDT