Software Engineer- Engineer III - 13910 JRDC
Location(s): Schriever Air Force Base
Analyze requirements, design and develop software supporting business analytics, intelligence and data warehousing applications and databases. Accomplish Business Intelligence software applications configurations andextend application functionality through formal code development.
Integrate Government Off-The-Shelf and Commercial Off-The-Shelf products into the MDA business Intelligence and Data Warehouse infrastructure. Work with other developers and engineers to ensure development approach is consistent with architecture. Provide Tier III support for select
applications. Gather and document customer requirements for applications, recommend best solutions, implement approved solutions. Research new technologies, evaluate products, write processes and documentation, and perform training as needed. Lead software development projects. Provide Tier III maintenance and after hours support, as required.
- Experience with full software life cycle development experience including: requirements, design, implementation, and documentation.
- Four years of experience with Business Intelligence and Analytics, and Data Mining tool sets.
- Experience with several of the following: Java, Hadoop, UNIX, Windows, RDBMS (SQL Server), various file formats (XML, ASCII, binary, etc..), TalenD, SVN and ETL/Dashboard creation tools.
- Candidate must possess a CompTIA Security+ CE certification or CISSP.
- Candidate must possess or be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the Missile Defense Agency.
- Experience developing secure applications that are compliant with DISA Security and Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Experience using HP Fortify 360 for source code analysis.
- The ability to: rapidly adapt to new situations, de-conflict requests from requirements, to work effectively in a team environment, and quickly learn new technologies.
- Experience with any of the following: Hadoop Tools: Hive, Impala, Flume, sqoop and oozie.
- UNIX scripting. Microstrategy for dashboard/reporting.
- Experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes.
- Effective written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to translate technical data into a format understood by non-technical individuals.
- Capable of a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Required Education/Experience: Bachelors / 8 Years
Alternate Education/Experience: HS Diploma - GED / 15 years
Associates / 12 years
Bachelors / 8 years
Masters / 3 years
Tec-Masters, Inc (TMI) has a robust benefits package for full time employees. TMI offers Healthcare, dental, vision, and basic life insurance to full time employees. We also offer long term and short term disability, supplemental life insurance, supplemental health care, and a Flexible Spending Account. We provide a 401(K) Plan and a Safe Harbor Match. Full time employees are provided 11 Paid Holidays, 120 hours to use for Vacation/Sick/Personnel Business, and tuition assistance of $3,500 per year.
TMI is a certified ISO-9001, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 appraised, and Six Sigma certified minority owned Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). Founded in 1988, TMI has provided innovative, robust, and unsurpassed dedication to training, training development, analysis, experimentation, IT, engineering, logistics support, multimedia, and management services to our client base. TMI is headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama with major offices in Lawton, OK; Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA; and Washington, DC.
Colorado Springs, CO
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 10:05:09 PDT