Dining Services Temporary Pool (10 positions)
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The hospitality temporary pool exists to provide additional support in a variety of different capacities on an as-needed basis within a number of different areas within Hospitality Services including but not limited to dining, kitchen, dish room, and office areas. The schedule and assignment length may vary, and individuals may be asked to work on short notice.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One to two years of previous experience in a hospitality service related position
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
Execute all customer service operations, ensuring all prepared products meet the department standards of quality and excellence. This position could include work in one of the many dining venues on campus, dish room, or department office. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Provide service in a friendly and courteous manner.
- May perform duties of dishwasher, basic food preparation, or pantry as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as assigned. Keep entire work area clean and sanitary throughout shift.
- Assist in the preparation and serving areas in sanitary and safe condition.
- Clean work areas; maintain kitchen and serving areas in a sanitary and safe condition.
- Prepare and assist in exposition cooking.
- Control inventory to ensure proper dating, labeling and rotation in preparation process (i.e. walk-ins, reach-ins, and dry goods area).
- Assist as needed on the service line
- Operate appropriate kitchen machinery and equipment in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Maintain high standards in food safety and HACCP regulations.
- Read food service updates to keep current with the new product and techniques.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.