The Campus Director serves as the Senior Operations Official at a designated Strayer University campus location. In cooperation with the Campus Dean, the Campus Director is responsible for the creation of a campus environment that is supportive of a quality educational experience, and which meets expectations for quality service and staff development targets. Primary responsibilities include campus-level budget management, new and continuing student enrollment activity management, overall campus matriculation management, as well as responsibility for the overall appearance and administrative operations of the campus.
- With the Campus Dean, shares overall management responsibility for the campus to create an environment supportive of a quality educational experience as well as creates and maintains a positive campus culture that ensures the campus achieves continued excellence.
- Establishes, maintains and promotes the practice of dual leadership through frequent communications with the Campus Dean within an atmosphere of mutual respect and affability.
- Directs the overall enrollment management activities at a campus including new student enrollment activities and all functions associated with the enrollment of continuing students.
- Appropriately addresses and resolves all staff and student issues that arise and escalates issues as necessary.
- Oversees the collection processes related to outstanding accounts receivables.
- Ensures that all departments and staff operate ethically within established policies and procedures and that the University's mission and code of conduct are fully upheld.
- Assures staff compliance with applicable University-wide required training.
- Leads non-academic staff meetings and is responsible for promoting and ensuring effective campus-wide communication.
- Screens, interviews, hires and evaluates non-academic campus-level management staff (Admissions Manager, Admissions Officers, Admissions Coordinators) and ensures they are aware of performance expectations in the appropriate areas of responsibility.
- Prepares accordingly for audit (internal, VA, DOE) and coordinates the timely response and the implementation of necessary corrective actions steps for findings identified in internal audit reports.
- Collaborates with SFS and SAS teams as appropriate.
- Approves campus related purchase orders and invoices as necessary.
- Creates and maintains a positive campus environment in which adult-focused educational activities can proceed unimpeded; including the maintenance of the physical location and grounds to provide a safe, clean and sanitary campus environment.
- Maintains inventory of all property and equipment at the campus and conducts period checks as required/ directed.
- Regularly interacts and collaborates with other University administrators and corporate departments.
- Attends Regional and University meetings as required.
- Represents the campus in community activities and organizations relating to higher education including developing and maintaining the relationships with corporate partners and community colleges.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Education, or an equivalent field from an accredited college or university is required. A Master's degree in Business, Education, or an equivalent field is highly preferred.
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- None required.
- At least 5 years progressive work experience in a highly regulated service environment required.
- 3-5 years of relevant management experience including managing multiple staff required.
- A successful background in admissions, enrollment management, and/or student services management is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading, training and coaching staff in a service environment.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
- Ability to lead under pressure with integrity and follow through on details.
- Experience with student or customer information/management systems preferred.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to interpret and act on various management reports.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop talent for future leadership roles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to convey key messages clearly and concisely to campus staff.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.