Field Service Technician
Downing Wellhead & Premium Energy Group are seeking qualified Service Technicians
Essential duties are:
• Making repairs to customer property including valves, wellheads, spools, chokes,
actuators, and other surface wellhead equipment as required.
• Assembling and breaking down of new of used equipment.
• Inspecting, repairing, testing equipment.
• Reading and interpreting blue prints and drawings.
• Executing general shop maintenance: Storage and equipment clean-up.
• Tear down and troubleshooting of customer owned property for inspection, repair,
reassembly and testing based on customer communications.
• Assembling, testing and painting of new or used wellhead/tree sections.
• Field Service work as needed based on work load.
• High school degree or equivalent. This requirement may be waived if the
applicant possesses two years of related experience and/or training.
• Minimum 2 years' experience.
- Skills and Abilities:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers and employees of organization.
• Math Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, fractions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety
of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Minimal Computer Skills: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Skill to maintain equipment properly.
• Knowledge of machines and tools; able to determine the correct equipment
and tools needed to do a job correctly.
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the machining or
repair of API 6A components.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Employee must possess the ability to operate, handle, and lift shop equipment and tools.
- Ability to lift materials and products up to 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes Quality and HSE Policies to all employees and any other duties as
Downing Wellhead Equipment, LLC is a 36-year old company with deep roots and robust operations in the oil and gas basins of the United States. Our corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility are located in Oklahoma City where our employees manufacture some of the best wellhead products in the world. Our collaborative approach with customers allows us to timely and specifically address their needs yielding efficiencies, lower cost and safer operations. In-house engineering and quick turn capacity in manufacturing results in an unrivaled responsiveness to our customers.
Downing is a safe place to work and we are vigilant in maintaining a safe environment. At Downing, we believe we have a moral obligation to keep our people safe, and we view every aspect of our business through this prism. Safety is part of the culture we have fostered, and our employees know this is an area where we will never compromise.
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 11:15:45 PDT