Faculty Development Training Specialist, Department of Teaching Innovation and Learning Technologies
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Department of Teaching Innovation and Learning Technologies provides FHSU faculty with opportunities for growth as professional educators and the means to learn innovative teaching strategies for all instructional environments, physical and/or virtual. Reporting to the Assistant Provost for Teaching Innovation and Learning Technologies, the incumbent is a vital member of the TILT team who is instrumental in planning and coordinating yearly programs and workshops, and assisting with other services supporting faculty development. The Faculty Development Training Specialist assists all faculty and departments with initial faculty onboarding and ongoing faculty development measures, including training in pedagogy and technology, and state comprehensive university culture. The Faculty Development Training Specialist collaborates with departments, faculty, and personnel in Teaching Innovation and Learning Technologies unit (TILT) to develop and facilitate pertinent faculty training modules for face-to-face and online delivery. This is an on-campus position located in Hays, Kansas.
- Bachelor's Degree in Teacher Education, Human Resources, or another related field,
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience working with learning design tools and platforms
- Graduate degree in education (e.g., Instructional Design, Higher Education Administration, etc.)
- Teaching experience at the postsecondary level
- Online teaching experience
- Ability to create online learning resources
- Conversant in working in a Learning Management System
- Experience working in higher education
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority deadline is September 28, 2017. Review of applications will begin after the priority deadline and continue until the position is filled.
BENEFITS: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting all stakeholders in the faculty onboarding process
- Creating, maintaining, and facilitating faculty orientation and onboarding programs
- Producing, coordinating, and marketing training opportunities for faculty
- Coordinating in the Adjunct Recognition Program
- Serving as an advocate for both adjunct and full-time faculty
- Collaborating with departments across campus for continuous improvement with onboarding process
- Serving as an advocate for both adjunct and full-time faculty
- Work with TILT staff to create, deliver, and market synchronous and asynchronous professional development activities and related learning modules;
- Continuously increasing proficiency in learning design technologies to create engaging and interactive learning experiences
Ancillary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support assistance for other learning technologies supported by TILT including the process of piloting new technologies;
- To become an active member of FHSU by serving on committees and being involved with the FHSU community
- Engage in professional development activities, including attending and presenting at conferences, participating in webinars, and reading current research to stay abreast of developments in the field; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Provost TILT.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
ABOUT FORT HAYS STATE UNIVERSITY:
Forward Thinking. World Ready - Fort Hays State University is a highly entrepreneurial teaching focused institution with major operations on-campus, online and in China. Providing a high-quality education at an affordable price, FHSU is ranked by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the top ten fastest growing universities in the U.S. It has an enrollment in excess of 14,000 students (Approximately 5,000 on campus, 3,500 in China, and over 6,000 online) and over 380 full time faculty. Bachelors, masters and professional doctoral degrees are offered through five colleges, the Graduate School, the Honors College, the Virtual College, and various international partnerships. Fort Hays State University's award-winning Virtual College coordinates distance education to the U.S. Armed Services and students in over 20 countries. The Virtual College has received many accolades, including U.S. News & World Report Online Programs rankings, GetEducated.com, Best Buys in Education, among others. Students at FHSU may select a major field of study from 30 departments. FHSU is fully accredited by several national agencies, and is one of six state-assisted institutions of higher education governed by a Board of Regents appointed by the governor of the state of Kansas. The website StateUniversity.com ranked the Fort Hays State campus as the safest in the state of Kansas.
The University has rich sports and cultural programming, all of which enjoy tremendous community support. The Beach/Schmidt Performing Arts Center is home to the Encore Series, which hosts many travelling Broadway shows, the Hays Symphony, university and other national and world-caliber performances. Fort Hays State University athletic events provide NCAA Division II athletic entertainment.
ABOUT HAYS, KS:
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant university community of approximately 22,000, located half way between Kansas City and Denver on Interstate 70. Hays has received numerous recent accolades such as being voted an All-American City, second best city in the state to raise children, and also the third best small college town in America. It is the regional center for education, health care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for the western half of Kansas – serving a population of nearly 400,000. Hays boasts excellent recreational facilities including the comprehensive Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, the Sternberg Museum of Natural History, Smoky Hill Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, an extensive recreational program, and excellent opportunities for walking, running, and biking. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large lakes providing boating, fishing, and camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to Denver with several flights daily. The community has award-winning public and private schools. With over 60 restaurants, robust retail outlets, one of the lowest unemployment rates and commute times in the U.S., the city provides a safe, very friendly, low-cost, high-quality living environment.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.