EMT / Paramedic
SUMMARY: Administers life support care to sick and injured persons in pre-hospital setting as authorized and directed by physician. Conducts advanced life support skills as allowed by the local, state and federal protocols and assists in the delivery of seriously ill or injured patients to appropriate medical facility personnel. Provides basic information relative to identification and condition of patient. Must use sound judgment in the analysis of emergency and non-emergency situations and react calmly and quickly under those circumstances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Initiates patient treatment and care utilizing initial protocol treatment based on patient condition. Conducts basic and advanced life support skills including but not limited to: bleeding control, shock stabilization and treatment, emergency childbirth, splinting of fractures, airway control, assessing vital signs, spinal immobilization, lifting and moving patients, endotracheal intubation, defibrillation and cardio version and external pacing, I.V. administration, and administration of intermediate and advanced medications.
• Responsible for safety decisions involving the patient and emergency vehicle; whether or not additional equipment should be needed and utilized; in triage, determines transport needs of patients and sets priorities.
• Drives an emergency vehicle to and from calls to transport patient(s) in a safe and prudent manner using the most efficient route to ensure the quickest response times.
• Assists in carrying patient(s) by stretcher or other device to emergency vehicle and secures patient inside the vehicle choosing the safest means of transport.
• Obtains and preserves where possible samples of substances to assist hospital personnel in patient diagnosis and treatment.
• Observes and keeps records regarding symptoms of patients.
• Communicates information to other members of the healthcare profession, patients, family members, and other responders as necessary and appropriate.
• Complies with all current policies and procedures.
• Accurately and completely documents all information required by Lifeguard Ambulance, the local and state medical control, and the Ambulance Run Ticket or Patient Refusal form.
• Completes and submits all other documentation (i.e. Daily Check Sheet) as established by local operations procedures.
• Communicates any possible delays, customer service issues, supply shortages, equipment malfunctions and etc. to supervisor in a timely manner.
• Ensures follow up with customers as appropriate to gain feedback on services provided, seeking opportunities for process improvement.
• Inspects, safely operates, and maintains all equipment, supplies, and tools to meet standards set by Lifeguard Ambulance, local state, and local medical control. Requisitions and restocks supplies, material, and equipment.
• Checks emergency vehicle regularly to ensure vehicle is in good operating condition throughout shift.
• Cleans and maintains the cleanliness of Lifeguard Ambulance property, including but not limited to its vehicles, equipment, buildings, and surrounding area(s).
• Maintains a safe and healthy workplace as per the standards set forth by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), Lifeguard Ambulance, and Lifeguard Ambulance SOG's.
• Stays current with leading industry practices/knowledge base.
• Maintains all required licenses and certifications by attending courses provided by local operation and medical community to obtain CEU's and CEC's.
• Provides supervisor with documentation of current certifications and training documentation information for training file.
• Attends all required staff meetings.
• Remains aware of all policy changes and informational postings throughout the operation and EMS Toolkit and by engaging with leadership staff.
Lifeguard Ambulance Service LLC (a member company of Air Medical Group Holdings) offers premier ALS and BLS service to the community. Lifeguard offers a team culture, high safety standards, progressive medical protocols, award winning leadership, competitive wages, advancement opportunities, full time and part time positions, Company-paid employee benefits, combined with our impressive benefits options for full time employees.
Lifeguard Ambulance Service, LLC is the premier provider of emergency and convalescent transport services in the southeast US.
Lifeguard Ambulance Service is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:21:06 PDT