The Events Coordinator reports to the Events Manager and must demonstrate proficiency in time management and have an exceptional understanding of how best to allocate resources in addition to anticipating and proactively addressing needs that may arise as events and visits occur. A successful candidate in this position must offer a high level of client service, be able to exercise independent decision making to appropriately survey clients with regards to event requests/visits, work with the Events Manager and the Office of the Dean to properly approve or decline proposed events/visits, and effectively communicate seamlessly across all Hofstra University, Northwell Health, School of Medicine departments and individuals who may be involved.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementing and managing all events, external engagements, meetings, tours and visits for distinguished guests of the Deans.
- Ensuring communication of all events is seamless and that any event, external engagement, tour, etc. is properly reviewed and approved prior to utilizing or committing to the utilization of the School of Medicine building.
- Aiding the Events Manager with contracts, agreements, and billing related to events and meetings, including facility rentals and vendors.
- Providing audio/visual operation services and logistical support for the School of Medicine community.
- Using independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Attending all events, including those that occur on weekends, early mornings, late evenings (requires flexible work hours).
- Providing outstanding client service, being an enthusiastic professional, and being able to build relationships with internal and external clients.
- Creating and revising room layouts for each event.
- Proposing new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Providing support to the Office of the Dean and helping with special projects, as assigned.
- Working closely with Hofstra University Event Management and the Plant Department as well as attending R25 scheduling meetings.
- Serving as backup to Events Manager.
- Assisting the Events Manager with marketing and the use of social media, as well as maintenance of the events website.
- Providing other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- The successful applicant must possess at least five years of experience in event management and audio/visual services in a corporate, hotel, or education setting.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Working experience in the operation of industry standard analog and digital AV technology found in classroom and corporate event environments is required. Experience; experience with Resource25 enterprise management system and Visio is a plus.
- Must demonstrate the ability to professionally communicate and work cooperatively with a wide range of senior administration and technical, academic and planning/event departments across Hofstra University, School of Medicine, and Northwell Health.
Weekend hours, as needed, in addition to late evenings and early mornings. This position also requires valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle. Occasional travel required.
For consideration, please send a cover memo and resume to: Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell: SOMrecruit@hofstra.edu
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Apply for Events Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly