Trade Show Project Manager
Are you a self-motivated leader with the ability to manage multiple projects at once? Do you enjoy a workplace where you move fast, stay organized, meet deadlines, keep up with changing scope, and stay cool under pressure? Are you driven to solve problems creatively and deliver innovative solutions for major companies all over the globe?
Group Delphi, the experience creation shop, produces immersive, thrilling experiences for audiences everywhere (from pop-ups to museums and beyond). As makers of wonder, awe, and connection, Delphi has been a recognized innovator for over twenty-five years in the experiential marketing space. Our client roster includes Apple, Nike, Pixar, Virgin, Medtronic, VMware, and many more. Our award-winning team of filmmakers, artists, videographers, builders, designers, producers and managers is truly world class. We're 200 strong, we're growing fast-and we need you.
Project Managers are primarily internal-facing and work with a production team of designers, builders, exhibit specialists, and others to build incredible exhibitory and find solutions to tough problems. They also work closely with a team of Account Managers and Experiential Marketing Consultants to meet and exceed our clients' expectations. The world of a Project Manager is demanding, rewarding, and at times hectic - but never boring.
You'll know the Project Manager role is right for you if you:
- Have the ability to take a complex issue or task and break it down to its simplest form.
- Can handle multiple projects while managing cross-functional teams.
- Take responsibility for finding solutions and enjoy creative problem-solving.
- Like to be challenged and are able to remain calm under pressure.
- Communicate proactively, confidently, and positively.
- Believe in quality and putting in whatever time is needed to get projects done.
- Have a strong Project Management background/understanding.
- Can identify and address issues in a clear, concise, and productive manner.
- Believe you can influence the world around you to bring about positive change.
- Desire to learn from those around you and a curiosity for the way things work.
- Are adaptable and flexible and want to join an organization that is as well.
Core responsibilities for this role will include:
- Problem Solving - When Plans A, B, and C have failed, a Project Manager needs to already be ahead of the game with the next solution. A Project Manager is forward-looking, creative, and solutions-oriented.
- Communication - A Project Manager problem solves most effectively by proactively keeping everyone informed and collaborating together for solutions.
- Risk Management - A Project Manager stays ahead of the game by identifying aspects of a project that can go wrong and clarifying assumptions in order to avoid problems or ensure contingencies are in place.
- Scheduling - It's critical that a Project Manager can plan but then adapt their plans to the changes or unknowns the team runs into as the project progresses. Production schedules are communicated to stakeholders within the organization and its important that schedules are updated and maintained.
- Project Management - A Project Manager at Group Delphi assists in the initiating and planning of and is fully engaged with executing, monitoring, and controlling the projects for their assigned clients.
We hire the smart, the passionate, the creative, and the bold; the Project Manager will be no exception. Our ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate aptitude in the specified areas below. This will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this position.
- Two years minimum of experience in the trade show, museum or theatrical environment. Accredited PMP credential may suffice for two years of experience.
- Undergraduate degree in related fields (Architecture, Industrial Design, Technical Direction, Stage Management Exhibit Design, Project Management, etc.).
- Some level of training or continuing education classwork related to the Project Management field.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and great healthcare benefits including dental and vision.
- A brand- new facility with modern style, open space, and sweeping views.
- A creative, innovative, and positive culture where people are encouraged to be themselves.
- Meaningful career development and training.
Group Delphi is the award-winning experiential creation shop. We make thrilling, immersive experiences across events, exhibits, environments and retail -- we even do museums.
But what truly separates us from the rest, and what we have become known for, is the combination of our creative DNA, our wildly eclectic team, and a reputation for insanely great service. This means not just exceeding our customers' expectations but exceeding the expectations they didn't even know they should have. We are their ultimate advocates and true partners in marketing, personally responsible for their success in connecting with their customers. We are their eyes, ears, hands, feet, heart and soul. We are indispensable to them in their work. We take the same approach in working with each other.
This is driven by three principles: innovation, creativity and passion. As innovators we are relentless in the pursuit of disruptive ideas, providing solutions and services that our customers could not have imagined possible. We believe that creativity drives value, not just in design but also in all aspects of the business it's a way of thinking, a way of approaching projects that defies the status quo. Whether design, fabrication, production, logistics, management -- it is the driving force, providing the best results for the best value. And we are passionate -- that ultra-human motivation to excel in what we do and love doing it.
We are designers, producers, managers, artists and crafts people joined by a passion for creative solutions. We have that "show must go on," "can do" attitude that pushes the limits to get our clients the best results possible. We ask a lot of questions to uncover our customers' needs. We then figure out the best solutions through digital content, theater arts and design and deliver magical results through superhero-like production, execution, program management and insanely great service. We are makers of wonder, awe, and connection.
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 15:34:30 PDT