Graduate Admissions Counselor
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives in-bound calls; responds to telephone messages and email inquiries.
- Contacts prospective students through calling campaigns to: gauge student interest, complete applications, finalize enrollment and other recruitment initiatives.
- Processes admission documents and assists with application processing; enters all prospect and applicant data into computer database; updates records; interacts with students, providing information on application status.
- Participates as an active member of the recruitment team; compiles data for reports; maintains confidential files.
- Performs basic trouble shooting and contributes to the ongoing improvement of work processes, including learning and integrating new technology; promotes teamwork environment; performs other duties as assigned.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the STI team, providing updates and addressing prospective student-related issues that the group would need to address.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Interpersonal and human relations skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service and telephone skills
- Planning/organizational skills
- Ability to type and operate personal computer
- Ability to handle multifaceted public relations duties
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience with Salesforce/Enrollment Rx, FluidReview (SurveyMonkey), Canvas (Instructure) a plus
- The candidate must have experience in a customer service role, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Training equivalent to one (1) year practical trades or other technical/vocational training beyond high school; supplemented with one (1) year of related office experience
- Must have the ability to work from a home office setting, with occasional travel to organization functions required several times per year (minimum of once per quarter).