Director, Student Engagement
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Director, Student Engagement position. The Director, Student Engagement is responsible for strategic planning, marketing and implementation of student engagement activities for all students, with a focus on first-year students. The Director will provide oversight to the Matriculation and Onboarding Committee, coordinating activities and services from all College offices involved in guiding a student toward full enrollment. Responsibilities include oversight of the Office of Student Engagement and the following areas: The Student Programming Board, First Year Experience programs including new student orientation, and working collaboratively with other campus offices and services in providing engagement and involvement opportunities for students. The Director is responsible for providing supervision and managerial oversight to the Coordinator of the LGBTQ Center, policy and procedure development, fiscal management, assessment and supervision of office professional and student staff.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Three (3) years of experience in student life, enrollment management, student affairs or progressive student programming leading to improved student engagement required.
• Experience working with multiple institutional constituents to implement, assess, and enhance institution-wide programs required.
• Demonstrated experience using data in program evaluation required.
• Demonstrated experience in creating and promoting learning-centered student activities and innovative student development methodologies that promote and cultivate student engagement required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required.
• Demonstrated excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills, both written and verbal required.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, both as team leader and participant required.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities required.
• Ability to work effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community required.
• Understanding of and appreciation for the mission of an urban community college required.
• Master's degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education/ Educational Administration or related field preferred.
• Previous experience working in a community college environment preferred.
• Familiarity with integrated management software such as Ellucian Banner preferred.