Career Services Advisor
National Louis is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a student focused community that is committed to continuous improvement and asks how do we become more “student ready” so that we may better serve our students. We believe that through education we are able to empower change and build healthy communities. Our community works hard in the service of students and supports one another like a family.
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
The Career Services Advisor position will work proactively with NLU students and alumni in providing robust support in career development, job search and placement. The person in this position will provide advising and career development resources, events and programs for all areas of career development, including career and major exploration and decision making, full-time job searches, resume and cover letter writing, interviewing, and networking. This position will network with employers, faculty, staff, students, alumni and other NLU staff to promote Career Development programs.
- Advises students on internship/job search strategies, educational and personal goals.
- Develops and implements outreach strategy to promote career development activities among high needs student populations through regular class visits and planned programs.
- Collaborates with Employer Relations Manager in nurturing employer relationships and connecting students to job opportunities.
- Works closely with faculty and academic staff to collaborate on meeting student career development needs.
- Assists in Career Development Office events, including job fairs and student programming.
- Maintains database of students and employment outcomes.
- Attends networking functions as appropriate to develop employer contacts while promoting university and college objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in higher education or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in university career services or related office required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relationship management databases, such as eRecruiting, CSO or Symplicity.
- Demonstrated in-depth experience using LinkedIn and other professional social networking sites.
- Ability to work with college students and alumni in articulating career development goals.
- Strong public relations skills to work with prospective employers.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, social media, database systems and proficiency with career center systems (ie: CareerBeam, CSO, Symplicity) is required.
- Demonstrated effective communications skills (interpersonal, written and verbal); ability to communicate with varied audiences and giving presentations.
- Must be willing to travel within the Chicagoland area.