Product Design Engineer
Gerresheimer Medical Plastics Systems is seeking an experienced Product Design Engineer to join the team in Peachtree City, GA. This is a 1st shift job from 8:00 AM-5:00PM.
Gerresheimer globally leading specialist in this field we offer you a comprehensive product and service range to the highest quality standards. In addition to glass in all the pharmaceutically relevant categories we use a wide range of plastics. You can also choose between our widely varied standard ranges and customized product/system development. As a customer of the Gerresheimer Group you can get everything from a single source: ranging from advice and development through individual mold making and plant construction to clean room production in accordance with the GMP and FDA rules from technical documentation, life cycle management and drug master files for product registration and on to international logistics and technical process support.
The Product Design Engineer will be responsible for establishing robust part designs based on defined functional requirements for injection molding processes and subsequent assembly processes. This includes documenting the design process through Gerresheimer development phases.
Education and Experience
- BS Engineering, preferably Plastics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in 3D part design in product development, preferably in development of medical applications and/or pharmaceutical primary packaging
- Experience in mechanical design of injection molded plastic parts
- Experience in development of complex mechanical systems and methods for mass production.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process injection molding and high speed assembly methods.
- Experience with risk management tools (e.g. FMEA), statistical analysis, and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, drive for results, detail orientation, change implementation skills, excellent written, listening, and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to present information through use of programs like Excel and PowerPoint
- 2D and 3D design & development of complex mechanical systems with CAD software ProE Creo.
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop medical devices.
- Investigate and select suitable materials / plastic resins for the application.
- Provide tolerance analysis on new and existing product design and devices.
- Participation in process and design failure modes and effect analysis (FMEA).
- Provides frequent and appropriate communications with all internal and external customers.
- Stay current on core competencies and best practices in product design and development.
- Ensures product development documentation and manufacturing processes meet all Gerresheimer Quality system requirements.
- Apply statistical methods and FEA to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Identify initiatives to reduce or contain cost, improve material flow, evaluate capacity and manage continuous improvement. Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Able to work effectively cross culturally in a global acting matrix organization (work with German headquarter & different customers).
- Occasional travel to offshore locations may be required up to 25%.
Gerresheimer is a leading global partner to the pharma and healthcare industry. With specialty glass and plastic products the company contributes to health and well-being. Gerresheimer has worldwide operations and its 11,000 employees manufacture products in local markets, close to its customers. With over 40 plants in Europe, North America, South America and Asia, Gerresheimer generates revenues of more than EUR 1.2 billion. The comprehensive product portfolio includes pharmaceutical packaging and products for the safe, simple administration of medicines: Insulin pens, inhalers, prefillable syringes, injection vials, ampoules, bottles and containers for liquid and solid medicines with closure and safety systems as well as packaging for the cosmetics industry.
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 07:24:22 PDT