Field Service Technician/Customer Engineer (POS Technician)
Service Area: Bismarck, ND (Tech will cover customer locations within 60 - 70 miles radius of Service Area).
Term: Long Term Contract
Interview: No. - Candidate will be hired on resume and successful completion of Background Check/Drug Screening
Start Date: ASAP - but subject to timely completion of Background Checks and Drug Screening.
Candidate must have a reliable means of transportation.
• Perform Tier II work on products and services of medium-high complexity; Tier II products include large servers and mainframe computers and peripherals, network and software, item processing reader or sorter and networking issues on imaging systems.
• Perform weekly walk through with our clients to documents all possible issues that our clients encounter daily. Testing POS system to perform actions for the said issues. Give better understanding what will be the best solution.
• Responsible for providing installation, maintenance and repairs on equipment within an assigned territory.
• Manage customer incidents as assigned. Build working relationships with customers and develop informal communication channels with customer account at the local level.
• Perform various customers Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements and escalate issues when appropriate.
• Analyze and correct all technical problems on equipment within assigned customer accounts.
• Daily response to customer calls that include problem identification, escalation and resolution of operating system software problems.
• Perform testing of software and hardware to have better understanding of issues.
• High School Diploma or equivalent 1-3 years of related experience
• A+ Certification, Personal computer skills (Microsoft Operating Systems and Associated Office Suite Components), tools, and basic electronic skills; Specific hardware and operating system, knowledge on assigned products Systems Architecture (e.g., Client/server architecture, Web based systems).
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts and on-call.
• Database management systems (e.g., SQL interfaces, remote data)
• Network and systems management systems/protocols (e.g Ethernet, SNA, WAN)
• Associate's Degree preferred 3+ years of related experience
Note that our ideal candidate for this position must have a personal/private car and must successfully undergo/complete a comprehensive background check (inclusive of Criminal records, Driving records and Drug Screening). Consequently, only candidates with clean background records are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates must apply with a copy of resume.
Schoening Technology Group is an organization of proven success among IT professionals and our clients whom we provide efficient and cost effective programs and solutions.
We understand that our clients need qualified and reliable professionals, that is why our recruiting team assumes a thorough understanding our client's needs and requirements. We engage numerous resources in the community, industry and beyond to get the best resources for our clients.
Tue, 12 Sep 2017 06:41:36 PDT