Project Portfolio Analyst
Summary of the Position
The Project Portfolio Analyst will support all activities related to the IT project portfolio. This includes managing the new project request and intake process, supporting annual strategic planning activities, conducting budget, timeline and capacity planning to inform the IT project roadmap, and leading reporting and various communication efforts for the PMO.
Portfolio Intake and Demand Management
• Lead the portfolio intake process, which includes working with clients to create business cases for new project requests, determining funding needs, effort, and impact of the work requested, and supplying data that drives effective decision-making around project selection.
• Perform business analysis on new requests.
• Participate in ongoing demand management activities with stakeholders.
Annual Strategic Planning
• Support the annual portfolio planning and roadmap creation processes
• Update the multi-year IT project roadmap in concert with IT Governance activities
• Ensure recommended projects have funding, staff, and other resources allocated, as needed
• Manage annual and ongoing budgeting activities related to the portfolio
• Create budget and resource reports to support the annual planning efforts
• Optimize PMO tool usage to support this annual strategic planning process.
Divisional Portfolio Capacity and Project Planning
• Develop and maintain the framework that drives the capacity and resource planning process for IT
• Develop forecasts, scenarios, and timelines to support possible project selection and execution
• Work with IT managers to determine resource needs and capacity for new projects
• Partner with others to craft project and portfolio staffing plans with both internal and external resources
• Provide recommendations on how and when new work can be started
PMO Reporting, Communications and Tools
• Create weekly, monthly, and annual reports that support the IT governance process and portfolio planning.
• Set and manage expectations with clients around portfolio roadmaps, their projects, and any shifts in upcoming project timing.
• Create and maintain executive, PMO, and IT dashboards to ensure portfolio transparency.
• Collect and analyze KPIs and metrics and integrate the analysis into meaningful reporting that improve the overall operations of the PMO.
• Respond to internal and external customer queries and requests regarding IT governance policies and standards.
Maintain the Project and Portfolio Management tools and templates that drive portfolio and project activities.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience Requirements)
Bachelor's degree. Five to seven years IT experience (preferably within Higher Education), of which three or more years are project management-oriented. Experience working in a Project or Program Management Office doing forecasting, capacity planning, and budgeting is preferred. Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, with the ability to discuss with senior leaders how IT can support University strategy. Effective collaboration, relationship management and influence skills, along with a strong customer service orientation. Experience successfully managing multiple projects. Strong analytical skills, including the ability to abstract key trends and issues from complex, detailed information. Experience in a business analyst role preferred. Ability to manage multiple tasks and work streams at one time. Experience with project management tools (Smartsheet, MS Project, Visio, Lucidchart, PPM tools like TeamDynamix, Service Now, or Innotas) desired.
PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.