Assistant Director/Associate Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations - Office of the Vice Chanc
Assistant Director/Associate Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois seeks a full-time Assistant Director/Associate Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations for the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement. Advancement is integral to the success of the academic priorities of the University's colleges, units, departments and programs by virtue of soliciting, securing and stewarding philanthropic funding and resources.
The Assistant Director/Associate Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations will be responsible for providing strategy and support in: (1) ensuring the responsible and ethical administration, acknowledgement, and management of gift funds across the campus; and (2) providing donors with impactful communications, meaningful experiences, and appropriate recognition for their gifts. This position reports to the Director of Scholarship Stewardship and Donor Relations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement campus and unit strategies to more effectively fundraise for, steward, and administer private gifts and to engage donors in a way that may lead to additional gifts in the future.
- Work independently with senior administrators and advancement colleagues in colleges and units to research available donor funds, including preparation of use proposals to present to the Stewardship Committee of the University of Illinois Foundation.
- Assist in the conceptualization and implementation of events that recognize and celebrate donors, including campaign events.
- Working with OVCIA and UIF colleagues, determine and design appropriate campus-wide donor recognition societies.
- Administer campus matching programs on a case-by-case basis.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor's degree required.
- For the title of Assistant Director, a minimum of two years of successful advancement experience or three years related work experience. For the title of Associate Director, a minimum of three years of successful advancement experience or more than six years of related work experience (such as sales, marketing communications, financial planning, etc.).
- Knowledge of university systems and higher education administration.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, alumni and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to review, interpret and/or prepare legal documents and other similar binding agreements.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Ability to understand and adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Donor Bill of Rights which is endorsed by the Office of Institutional Advancement.
Comprehensive TED Trainining
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by September 28, 2017. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume and the names, address, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references. For more information regarding application procedures, contact Brenda Morris, email@example.com. The proposed starting date is as soon as possible after the closing date.
Interviews may take place prior to the closing date; however, no decision will be made until after that date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director/Associate Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement (A1700565)
Open Date: 09/14/2017
Organization Name: Ofc VC Inst Advancement