Academic Counselor - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700564)
~~NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Position: Academic Counselor
12 month, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
Primary Position Function/Summary:
Report directly to the Associate Athletic Director of Academic Services, the Academic Counselor will coordinate academic activities for student athletes on assigned sport teams.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and report individual and team weekly study hall sessions
• Monitor and report academic progress relative to NCAA, Big Ten and University requirements
• Assist student athletes with academic schedule development and major exploration and planning
• Facilitate interaction with or guide assigned student-athletes to campus and academic resources
• Prepare and distribute NCAA required travel letters for athletes
• Communicate with campus faculty and staff regarding student-athlete progress and performance
• Provide academic evaluation of recruits
• Schedule campus appointments for, and meet with, prospective student--athletes on both official and unofficial visits
• Consult with coaches on a regular basis regarding academic performance of their student-athletes
• Provide comprehensive semester grade reports to Associate Athletic Director of Academic Services
• Work compatibly and cooperatively with all personnel within the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics and on the University of Illinois campus
• Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position is required.
Master's degree in Education, Counseling or Sport's Management or closely related field required.
Strong written and oral communication skills required
Must be available to work some evenings and weekends
Experience in athletic academic counselling and/or higher education and leadership programming experience, preferably with either Football, Men's/Women's Basketball student athletes.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
Starting Date: As soon as possible after closing date
In order to receive full consideration, a letter of application, resume, and names of three references must be received by September 28, 2017. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Marlon Dechausay, email@example.com
Interviews may take place before closing date but no selection will be made until after the closing date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Academic Counselor - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700564)
Open Date: 09/14/2017
Close Date: 09/28/2017
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics