Assistant Director of Learning Support
Assistant Director of Learning Support
Position Number: 53002106
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 10/06/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for Assistant Director of Learning Support. The Assistant Director of Learning Support will provide oversight to Gainesville Campus of policies and procedures pertaining to Learning Support requirements as set by the University System of GA, acting as primary point of contact on the campus for faculty, staff, and students.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Assistant Director of Learning Support will:
- Monitor progress of students with Learning Support requirements (via running reports, establishing databases, and consistent updating of information)
- Advise students, including a regular advising load
- Communicate with students who have LS requirements throughout academic year regarding policies, procedures, important information (e.g., final attempt, academic warning/probation, advising and registration, LS Suspension, referrals to campus resources, etc.)
- Assist with registration during open registration and drop/add
- Assist with NSO - enlist faculty advisors, present advising information, assist with registration, coordinate gate-keeping
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of developmental and intrusive advising
- Experience using registration and student records software
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PPT, and Outlook
- Database management; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent problem-solving and prioritizing skills
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Master's degree required
- Four or more years of experience with academic advising and/or student success in higher education
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.