S03176 - Board of Trustees Operations and Services Specialist, #S03176
Board of Trustees Operations and Services Specialist
Central Services Building (CT)
9221 Corporate Blvd. Rockville, MD
$28.22 - $38.47 per hour
Online applications must be received by Friday, September 29, 2017
Montgomery College, Board of Trustees (BOT) Office, Central Services Building, has need for a full-time, BOT Operations and Services Specialist, position number S03176. The normal work schedule is Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm with occasional overtime.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
Reporting directly to the Manager of the Board of Trustees Operations and Services, the incumbent in this position will manage the development of materials for the Montgomery College Board of Trustees' (BOT) committees and their meetings; coordinate logistics for board meetings, committee meetings, and other board functions; manage BOT historical records and archives; support the work of the BOT liaisons to the Montgomery College Foundation Board, The Pinkney Innovation Complex for Science and Technology at Montgomery College Board, The Alumni Association Board, and the Universities at Shady Grove Board of Advisors; develop annual Trustee Information Day, experience and support the work of the ‘Nominating Committee,' an independent body created in State law that seeks candidates and nominates individuals to the Governor for appointment to the Board of Trustees.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide operational excellence in the critical support of planning and coordinating the standing and ad hoc committees of the Board of Trustees.
- Maintain confidentiality, as appropriate, of critical and strategic College information.
- Coordinate the committees' work plans and Board needs through strong relationships with key administrative offices of the College.
- Communicate with the College's senior leaders who are the President's representatives in working with each committee so that they are aware of logistics, content, and expectations regarding their participation in meetings and functions.
- Coordinate, schedule, and support BOT committee meetings and produce draft meeting agendas.
- Attend committee meetings, take notes, and draft meeting minutes.
- Serve as event coordinator for invitations to members of the BOT when they are invited to internal and external events, including sending the invitations, answering trustees' questions, tracking responses, reporting responses to the appropriate event planner, and arranging key event logistics for trustees.
- Post all current pertinent public BOT meeting materials, including approved meeting minutes and records of resolutions, on the BOT website.
- Review all historic files of BOT meetings and convert records into searchable PDFs and post on the BOT website.
- Ensure committees' records adhere to Maryland state law, accreditation body standards, and the College Documentation Retention Policy, and develop systems for the retention.
- Maintain the records of all of the committees' meeting minutes.
- Earned associate's degree in business administration, public administration, or related field.
- Three years of administrative experience for a board or commission in higher education or similar environment.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft office applications, especially Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions; manage time effectively and efficiently; and to plan and organize work initiatives to successfully accomplish office goals and objectives.
- Ability to work independently as well as with multiple teams.
- Ability to keep confidentiality and exercise discretion with confidential information and communications.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Experience using a web content management system training.
- Experience working under an open meetings law, such as Maryland's Open Meetings Act.
- Strong knowledge of a standard style guide, such as the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Valid notary commission.
Application Process :
Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment .
Be sure to complete a set of pre-screening questions and e-sign your application.
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Job Administrative Support
Primary Location US-MD-Rockville
Organization Board of Trustees
Job Posting Sep 13, 2017, 11:00:00 PM
Unposting Date Sep 29, 2017, 10:59:00 PM