Assistant Athletics Communications Director - Women's Basketball Contact
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 09-14-2017
The Assistant Athletics Communications Director will serve as the primary media contact for Illinois State Women's Basketball. The incumbent will work under broad policy guidance, exercising sound judgment when making critical decisions under varying degrees of pressure. He/she will actively participate in game day operations, utilize creative freedom to create engaging media coverage, and participate in the writing and editing of the Redbird Magazine. This individual will also oversee student assistants and serve as liaison to other Athletic Department units.
1. Bachelor's degree (public relations, mass communications, journalism or related)
2. Minimum of two years' experience in Professional or Intercollegiate Athletics
3. Familiarity with Stat Crew Software
4. Strong communication skills
5. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
6. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's Degree
2. Experience in writing and editing
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.