Office Support Specialist
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 09-14-2017
The Office Support Specialist handles numerous tasks daily that support the work of faculty and other staff. This position is located in the main office and is the first person that faculty, staff, and students encounter to answer their questions and to assist them with a variety of routine tasks. This position also supports the work of the Academic Advisor, the Administrative Aide for the School of Theatre and Dance, and the Administrative Aide for the Illinois Shakespeare Festival. This position must be knowledgeable about School activities and University policies and procedures.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Twelve (12) months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Support Associate level of this series or in other positions of comparable responsibility.
3. Any one or combination totaling twenty-four (24) months from the following categories:
(a) work experience performing clerical/office support work, including use of computer systems
(b) vocational training that provided a knowledge of generally accepted clerical procedures
(c) college or university course work in Office Occupations, Business Administration, Business Education, or closely related fields
36 semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
(d) college or university course work in any curriculum
60 semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Knowledgeable about School of Theatre and Dance activities, academic programs, and University policies.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.