Do 4-pawed friends make you smile? Do you enjoy cool pet products that make tails wag? So do we!
If you're a paws-on leader of the pack who believes any dog can learn new tricks, then come work in our neighborhood!
As Shift Supervisor at Pet Supplies Plus, you're pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity during your work day, you will
- assist a neighbor in choosing the perfect toy for a lab who loves to fetch
- stop to greet weekly regular Bruno the Chihuahua when he comes in with his human mom
- show a fourth grader how to test the water in his fish tank
- set an example for the other team members in delivering fantastic neighborly service
- assist the store's team leaders by reinforcing the daily operational procedures and performance expectations
Shift Supervisors key responsibilities include:
- Partnering with store team leaders to learn and reinforce the PSP standards and daily management routines that make your store the favorite pet store in the neighborhood
- Providing leadership coverage and covers management functions up to four times a week when team leaders are offsite
- Adhering to operational policies and procedures (cleanliness, animal care, safety and security) that ensure exceptional service is provided to our neighbors
- Learning and performing back office procedures - like making signs, updating price changes, and inputing cashier records - to comply with standards and expectations
- Involvement in store recruiting, onboarding and team member development
- Communicating opportunities to improve community engagement or store performance to the team leaders
- Act as store team members when they're not acting as the manager-on-duty or learning operational tasks
- 2+ years of retail experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong sales and customer service skills are a must.
- Ability to operate all equipment - including a forklift - to run the store is important, as well as being able to climb ladders, bend, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds (that cat litter can be heavy!)
- Ability to work flexible schedules, have reliable transportation and must pass the drug, background and validated selection test, and be 18 years or older.
ABOUT PET SUPPLIES PLUS
Pet Supplies Plus is focused on making it easier to get better products for your pet. With nearly 400 locations in over 30 states, the stores have a streamlined design making it easy to navigate a wide assortment of natural foods, hard goods and pet services. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
Pet Supplies Plus is ranked No. 49 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine's 2017 Franchise 500 list and is the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate and system size. For more information, please visit www.petsuppliesplus.com EOE Statement We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. This position is currently accepting applications.
At Pet Supplies Plus, we are crazy for pets, too. With more than 400 corporate and franchise locations in over 30 states, Pet Supplies Plus is America's favorite neighborhood pet store. Each location offers a wide array of pet food, pet products, grooming services and animal expertise all at a great value, allowing customers to spoil their pets even more. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
This growing Livonia, Michigan-based retailer is ranked in Entrepreneur magazine's 2015 Annual Franchise 500 list as the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate, and system size. For more information, please visit www.petsuppliesplus.com
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 08:13:35 PDT