Business Intelligence and Atlassian Administrator
Housing & Dining Information Technology at the University of Colorado Boulder is accepting applications for the position of Business Intelligence & Atlassian Administrator. This is a full-time university staff position with significant oversight of Housing & Dining Services' (HDS) database systems, IT services, and systems administration. Using available resources and independent judgment, determine the strategic direction and technical implementation for the department's online intranet and project tracking systems, planned upgrades, enhancements, and new processes and workflows. Lead administration and service owner for HDS Intranet and Project Management software. This position is responsible for formulating and solving problems, improving service delivery, uptime, and continuous evaluation of systems recommending changes for cost-effectiveness and greater productivity. Work collaboratively with HDS and Campus partners to increase the successful adoption of Atlassian's JIRA and Confluence tools.
Additionally, this position analyzes business intelligence needs in the department, creates and implements solutions, and continues as primary to support and maintain the service throughout the entire SDLC lifecycle. Aligning user requirements, best practices and expert judgment, this position develops analytical data models, reports, dashboards, and self-service business intelligence solutions. This position will support the development and maintenance of data integrations, creating and deploying software and SSIS packages to migrate data between disparate systems, both within and external to CU. Coordination data sharing and transfers among other units, prepares and updates reports, and maintains the overall security, integrity, and supporting the applications delivering the data for the data warehouse and/or Atlassian products. Additionally, the position works collaboratively with other team members, utilizing technical skills to develop and implement technical applications to solve business needs.
Who we are:
Housing & Dining Services provides services to over 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students on the CU Boulder campus. Our 650 full time staff and 1000 student staff strive to provide excellent customer service and to support student success through our programs in residence hall and apartment living, dining services and catering, conference services and child care. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, which includes 22 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave,10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and ECOPass.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Business Intelligence Developer
- Design, build, implement and maintain data models, reports, dashboards, and self-service business intelligence reporting solutions for HDS staff.
- Independently work with users to gather and document business requirements and reporting needs.
- Manages projects and applications to further the effectiveness and efficiencies of Housing IT and Housing & Dining Services as a whole.
- Support vendor relationships on behalf of HDS units as needed.
- Work with business units to infuse technology and software into business processes to improve HDS overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead projects for integrating new data into the data warehouse using sound project management skills.
- Investigate the architecture and relationships of relevant databases to support integration into the data warehouse and analytical data models.
- Maintain systems for keeping raw data, metadata, and other data assets secure and accessible.
- Develop and maintain user interfaces in Confluence for maintaining ad-hoc data DocuSign.
- Work with users to develop reporting solutions, including SSRS reports and PowerBI dashboards.
- Create and maintain data dictionary and entity relationship documentation.
- Provide training to power users of PowerBI and SSRS and serve as the department expert on PowerBI and SSRS by staying up to date with new features and capabilities.
- Architect and administer JIRA deployment, focusing on providing a platform for Housing units to administer, track and report on department-wide projects and issues.
- Manage monitoring systems, configuring/editing as needed to ensure the full stack of Housing's IT services are highly available through predictive notification.
- Develop and recommend service and process improvements.
- Coordinate the delivery of systems, infrastructure, and application services within HIT.
- Work independently with stakeholders and clients to design and deliver JIRA workflows to meet the stated and unstated business requirements.
- Develop metrics, dashboards, and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Provide user management and support for 1000+ local and remote users, manage system access across groups to ensure compliance, and maintain best practices.
- Manage and administer Atlassian product contracts, add-ons, plugins, and extensions.
- Design HDS intranet application architecture for deploying Confluence collaboration platform. Work with HDS stakeholders to create and deploy appropriate features and benefits.
- Provide guidance and direction in the application of Confluence to improve operations and customer service.
- Oversee the processes to maintain the high uptime requirements associated with essential business needs.
- Manage the process of monitoring and tuning systems, proactively discerning technical and business needs based on best judgment resulting from system monitoring activities.
- Create and manage an Intranet governance body, along with related practices and procedures to guide and enhance the effective management of HIT's Intranet and Project Management services.
- Implement documented change control as a larger part of refining HIT service delivery process. Orchestrate change control on behalf of HIT.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $70,000.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be strategic. Be adaptable. Be engaged. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, technology or related field. Experience may be substituted on a year by year basis.
- At least one year of experience creating, deploying and managing Business Intelligence solutions such as PowerBI, Tableau, or other data visualization platform.
- At least two years of experience designing, specifying, implementing, and managing enterprise application systems.
- One year project management experience for technology infrastructure and systems.
- One year of experience as a JIRA Administrator or administration of similar issue management tool (e.g. Rally, Bugzilla, Fogbugz).
What you will need:
- Experience fulfilling user requirements.
- Experience designing and leading software deployments and implementations.
- Experience interfacing with vendors and consultants, especially managing projects and software in an IT or Project Management role.
What we'd like you to have:
- Master's Degree.
- Knowledge of distributed source control management systems like git or mercurial.
- Industry certification in Business Intelligence.
- Experience writing DAX formulas.
- At least one year of experience with Microsoft's SQL Server suite of data tools, including SSMS, SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS.
- At least two years of experience with T-SQL report writing and creation of queries, views, functions, and stored procedures.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by September 27, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-11028.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10392 - Housing-Technology Services
Posting Date: Sep 14, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 27, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00732011