Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Transplant Infectious Disease
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Division of Infectious Disease is seeking a full time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant position to join our core Transplant Infectious Disease group. The position would hold the title of Instructor of Medicine within the Division of Infectious Disease. The main focus of this position will be to deliver excellent medical care for the inpatients on Transplant Infectious Disease service during regular day hours 8 AM- 5 PM, Monday-Friday. This position will be based at the University of Colorado Hospital and involves work with the Transplant Infectious Disease service.
Primary duties will include:
- Inpatient Transplant ID rounding: evaluation of new consults and follow up care.
- Rounding with Transplant teams (Solid organ Transplant and Bone Marrow Transplant)
- Attending solid organ transplant selection conference's when possible.
- Based upon the growth of the Transplant ID program, the Transplant APP may be required to see Pre-Transplant patients/ Transplant recipients during weekly 1-2 half-day clinics in the Infectious Disease Group Practice (IDGP) clinic.
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant training (graduation from an accredited NP or PA program).
- Eligible or licensed in Colorado as a Nurse Practioner or Physician Assistant.
- Certified to see adults.
- General Internal Medicine knowledge base.
- Excellent beside manner and physical exam skills.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with other medical providers and disciplines.
- Transplant/ Oncology and Infectious Diseases background preferred and/or inpatient background but not required
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 11106
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20204 - SOM-MED-Infectious Disease
Posting Date: Sep 14, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Michael Durbin
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00685401