EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE DEAN
JOB NO.: 92123-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Office & Administrative Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 92123-AS
Working Title: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE DEAN
Official Title: SR ADMIN SPECIALIST(R08BN) or ADMIN SPECIALIST(R08DN) or ASSOC ADM SPECIALIST(R08FN)
Hiring Department: A540200-SCHOOL OF NURSING/ADMINISTRATION/ADMIN
Anticipated Begin Date: OCTOBER 15, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $32,102 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree in English, communications, marketing, or related field required; or equivalent combination of relevant experience and training required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Three to five years of professional administrative experience required, with administrative or project management experience within a complex organization and at an executive level preferred. A minimum of 7 years experience is required for the senior level.
The successful candidate will bring:
* Proficiency in software programs, including the Microsoft Office suite
* Ability to anticipate needs of executive-level professionals and facilitate necessary actions to achieve intended objectives
* Strong attention to detail and project management aptitude
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound professional judgment
* Ability to solve problems and respond to or refer questions to appropriate persons
* Ability to take initiative, to work independently, and to work as a team member
* Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
* Service orientation and ability to facilitate, anticipate and coordinate requests/needs
* Ability to determine priorities, perform multiple tasks under short deadlines, and complete tasks in spite of many disruptions
* Willingness to accept new and different responsibilities
The incumbent must demonstrate a commitment to excellence through diversity and a positive attitude while presenting a professional demeanor at all times, and representing the Office of the Dean with grace and poise.
This position provides comprehensive administrative support to the Dean of the School of Nursing and project support for events and initiatives of the Dean's Office, as directed by the Dean or Chief of Staff. The individual in this position is expected to utilize a considerable amount of independent action, initiative, and judgment, exercising a high level of administrative, problem solving, and analytical ability. Responsibilities include: coordinating the daily activities of the Dean, planning and coordinating special events and meetings, facilitating communication between the Dean with Associate Deans and other staff members, and providing committee support for school-wide activities and projects. Exceptional organizational skills are needed. The individual must also possess a positive attitude, exercise accuracy, embody professionalism, and demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Criminal background check is required prior to employment.
This position may involve some weekend and evening work.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now, from Jobs.wisc.edu, to begin the application process. Please submit ONE pdf file containing the following:
1) a cover letter describing qualifications against the minimum number of years and relevant experience requirements
2) a current resume
3) contact information for three references, including current supervisor (if applicable).
For questions regarding this position, please contact Melnaie Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online applications must be received by 11:55pm on the application deadline for ensured consideration. Failure to submit complete application materials may result in ineligibility for this position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Sep 14 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Oct 1 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time