JOB NO.: 92116-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 92116-AS
Working Title: Admissions Counselor-Transfer
Official Title: SR STUDENT SERV COORD(T25BN) or STUDENT SERVICES CORD(T25DN) or ASSOC STU SERV COORD(T25FN)
Hiring Department: A051000-ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT/ADMISSIONS
Anticipated Begin Date: OCTOBER 30, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $38,500 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- One year professional experience in admissions or related higher education field is required.
- One to three years' experience working with transfer applicants, students, and/or transfer coursework is preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Strong facility with the use of computers, office software applications, and database systems.
- Proven ability to work with individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
- Facility to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Capacity to thrive in a high volume and fast-paced office.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, public speaking experience, and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to travel both locally and outside of the state.
- Evening and weekend work required during peak times.
License or certificate:
This position involves travel. A valid driver's license is required to operate a state vehicle. The person hired must be able to operate a state vehicle or provide his/her own transportation.
The Office of Admissions and Recruitment invites applicants for two transfer counselor positions. Transfer admissions counselors represent the university to all undergraduate prospective students, with an emphasis on the particular interests of transfer students. Responsibilities include recruitment of transfer students, review of applications for admission, and the processing of transfer credit on behalf of schools and colleges.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison invites applications and nominations for Admissions Counselors in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment. UW-Madison is a major research university, nationally and internationally renowned. The Office of Admissions and Recruitment recruits nationally, handles hundreds of inquiries each day, and receives more than 38,000 undergraduate applications annually. Our application review includes 32,000 freshmen, 5,000 transfer, and 1,500 reentry applications. In addition, we evaluate 184,000 transfer credits each year for new and continuing students.
The incumbent will join a team that represents the university to prospective transfer and freshman students, with a goal of attracting, recruiting, admitting, and enrolling a talented, geographically diverse student body.
This full-time academic staff position is available with a desired begin date of October 30, 2017. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered, with title and salary dependent on qualifications. The minimum starting salary is $38,500.
Instructions to applicants:
1. To begin the application process, please prepare ONE pdf file containing the following information:
--a. a letter of interest which highlights work experience in higher education,
--b. a statement responding to the following prompt: Diversity and inclusion are primary values at UW-Madison, and the Office of Admissions and Recruitment works to enroll a broadly diverse class. From your vantage point, what does enrolling a diverse class mean to you?
--c. a resume, and
--d. contact information for three references
2. Click on the Apply Now button. You will be asked to create a profile if you have not already done so.
3. Upload the ONE pdf file you created.
Online applications must be received by October 2, 2017 for ensured consideration. Failure to submit complete application materials will result in ineligibility for this position. A criminal background check will be conducted on all finalists.The minimum starting salary for this position will be per year based on qualifications. Review of candidate applications will begin immediately. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the needs of the office are met.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Sep 14 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Oct 2 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time