MARKETING CONTENT SPECIALIST
JOB NO.: 92105-AS
Work Type: Staff-Part Time
Categories: Marketing, Public Relations
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 92105-AS
Working Title: Marketing Content Specialist
Official Title: UNIV RELATIONS SPEC(T54DN) or ASSOC UNIV REL SPEC(T54FN)
Hiring Department: A930140-DIVN OF CONTINUING STUDIES/ADMINISTRATION/MRKT&COMM
FTE: 50% - 80%
Anticipated Begin Date: NOVEMBER 06, 2017
Term: This position will end on NOVEMBER 05, 2019.
Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
A Bachelor's degree is required (most relevant academic fields include Journalism, English, Communication Arts, or related field).
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in journalism, public relations, strategic communications, marketing communications, or a related field.
- Experience writing and editing material in a variety of styles (e.g., news stories, editorials, feature stories, marketing copy)
- Working knowledge of AP Style, and the proven ability to work quickly, accurately, and independently under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience handling multiple priorities in a detail-oriented environment and contribute to the success of the entire team
- Proven ability to work with diverse internal and external audiences with energy, collegiality, patience, passion, curiosity, and humor
Candidate may also have one or more of the following desired but not required qualifications:
- Experience with project management software
- Digital marketing experience, including social media, mass-market emails, content marketing, blogging, or any level of expertise with WordPress
- Experience in an agency setting, responding quickly to the unique needs of diverse clients
- Professional experience in a public university setting or working knowledge of the higher-education sector
The Division of Continuing Studies supports the University of Wisconsin-Madison mission and the spirit of the Wisconsin Idea by advocating for and engaging lifelong learners. The Integrated Marketing and Communications (IMC) Team advances the Division mission and enriches the UW-Madison brand through the deployment of sophisticated marketing and communications strategies that establish mutually beneficial connections between the university and people who want to enrich their lives and advance their careers.
The Division of Continuing Studies is committed to building a diverse workforce. Members of underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
One of the two positions will be hired at 80% FTE, and the second position will have flexibility to work between 50-80%.
This is a 2 year terminal position, with the option of converting to ongoing renewable depending on need and funding.
Instructions to applicants:
Please apply online and include a resume, cover letter explaining how you meet the relevant required experience and the names and contact information for 3 professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Sep 14 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Oct 2 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time