Coordinator, Transfer Success
Salary: $48,800 - $72,500
Title: Coordinator, Transfer Success
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Academic Resource Center
Date Posted: 09/14/2017
Position Information: The mission of the Academic Resource Center (ARC) at UC Riverside is to "empower students to grow intellectually and personally as they pursue their goals". Join a team that is full of innovation, spirit, engagement and most importantly, is student-centered. The University of California, Riverside is an enterprising public research institution. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities- air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, culture and healthcare. UCR gives every student, faculty, and staff the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel. UCR offers a challenging academic environment that emphasizes research and practical experiences through self-exploration, at one of the most ethnically diverse institutions in the country. UCR and the Division of Undergraduate Education is committed to student success. The Academic Resource Center (ARC) in the Division of Undergraduate Education seeks a Transfer Success Coordinator. The position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Academic Partnership Programs in the ARC, and is charged to develop and manage the campus-wide Transfer Success program. If you believe in cultivating academic excellence through delivery of high quality support services, consider joining the ARC team!
Minimum Requirements: Skills in judgment and decision-making.
Problem solving and organizational skills.
Knowledge of current research and theoretical models that influence the application and delivery of academic services (e.g., discipline specific, student-population specific).
Knowledge of how learning skills issues apply to a research institution.
Knowledge of academic curricula.
Knowledge of strategies in critical thinking, reading, writing, note taking, test taking, time management, and goal setting.
Knowledge of program development, data gathering, assessment, and evaluation skills.
Knowledge in designing and implementing learning and pedagogical models.
Multicultural competencies, knowledge and experience working and interacting effectively with diverse groups of staff, faculty, and student populations.
Experienced knowledge of specific learning theory, learning styles, affective issues, academic issues, and socio-cultural/linguistic issues in applying academic support to students.
Preferred Qualifications: May require knowledge of NCAA policies, rules, and regulations.
Experience working at a higher education research institution. Demonstrated experience working with transfer students and developing programs to improve their academic success.
Knowledge of UC Academic Policies and Procedures as they pertain to: FERPA, student academic services and academic affairs administration, UC online Student Information System (SIS+)/Banner, and student academic progress towards a degree.
Master's Degree in a related field.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview