Event Planner Specialist
8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $67,500
Under the supervision of the Senior Associate Dean of Student Affairs and the Director of Student Affairs, this position is responsible for performing advanced assignments involving a wide range of student services for the School of Medicine. The primary areas of responsibility include: student program development and the planning and organizing of events. Additionally, the position will be responsible for scheduling non-academic programming within the SOM Ed building and Orbach library. This position will also be responsible for representing the School of Medicine at outreach and retention activities including student orientations, events and related programs.
Ability to work professionally under pressure and under tight deadlines; ensuring excellent customer service support.
Ability to work in diverse groups, including but not limited to students, staff, faculty, general public, production personnel, technical operators and performing artists.
Working knowledge of the campus, its programs, policies, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
Good interpersonal communication skills and political acumen, including skill in effectively representing the campus, medical center or other university organization to its publics.
Working knowledge of concepts, principles and practices of event planning and production and public relations.
Good judgment and effective decision-making and problem resolution skills, including skill to recognize and deal effectively and appropriately with real and potential problem areas, including skill to determine the issues/problems that need to be brought to the attention of higher level staff and/or management.
Working organizational skills, including skill in effectively coordinating and organizing multiple details. Excellent organizational abilities appropriate to effective calendar management and student and/or volunteer scheduling.
Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations related to the responsibilities of the position including Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview