Laboratory Assistant 3
Salary: $41,640 - $49,572
Title: Laboratory Assistant 3
Category: Science and Research
Date Posted: 09/14/2017
Position Information: Under general supervision of the Principal Investigator and Staff Research Associate, raises insect colonies, conducts bioassays, and maintains the laboratory in good order.
Minimum Requirements: - Graduation from high school or a General Education Diploma and three years of laboratory experience or two years of college including courses in the natural, physical or social sciences and two years of laboratory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and knowledges and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
- Ability to interact with students, postdocs, research staff in a laboratory setting.
- Familiarity with techniques used to study insect behavior, particularly responses to odors.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in a biology laboratory. Experience maintaining insect colonies.
Preferred Qualifications: - Bachelor's in Science or equivalent in the Biological Sciences.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview