Instructor in Clinical Bioethics
The Instructor in Clinical Bioethics will serve as a Bioethicist on the Clinical Ethics Consult Service as both a faculty member of the Program for Bioethics and a member of the Hospital Ethics Committee. This position will develop and deliver ongoing bioethics education for all clinical faculty, residents, medical students and other students in the UK healthcare colleges, and includes regular Ethics Rounds for clinical departments.
In addition, this position will participate as a member in professional organizations and continuing medical education activities and a member of the Hospital Ethics Committee.
Please include a CV along with application.
Instructor in Clinical Bioethics
7H359:INTERNAL MEDICINE & DIVISIONS - GENERAL
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Ph.D. with a concentration in bioethics or a related field, with evidence of completion of pre-doctoral or post-doctoral training in clinical ethics from a recognized institution
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Preference will be given to a candidate with some exposure or experience in clinical ethics consultation
Deadline to Apply
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter