Project Coordinator, Recruitment and Engagment
Requisition Number STA - 201000000532
Job Title Project Coordinator, Recruitment and Engagment
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Project Coordinator, Recruitment and Engagment.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
The University of North Texas at Dallas' Emerging Teacher Institute invites applications for the position of Project Coordinator, Student Recruitment, Enrollment, and Engagement
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university.
Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
Working under the supervision of the Executive Director of the Emerging Teacher Institute, the Project Coordinator for Student Recruitment and Engagement will assist in building and sustain the Emerging Teacher Institute's teacher pipeline through a focus on candidate attraction, recruitment, enrollment, and engagement. To be successful, the Project Coordinator will work with university admissions and financial aid staff, ETI leadership, ETI faculty and staff, and local public schools, community colleges, and community-based organizations to coordinate a coherent teacher pipeline.
to Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Work with senior leadership to develop a comprehensive student attraction, recruitment, enrollment, and engagement strategy that incorporates traditional and digital marketing and online content, events, tours, and teacher/student clubs.
- Develop strategy and content for focused campaigns to engage high school and community college student prospects.
- Engage in direct recruitment activities in public schools and community colleges.
- Manage ETI' s student application lifecycle management, and enrollment data auditing.
- Coordinate with UNTD admissions and financial aid staff to ensure prompt and continuous engagement with prospective students.
- Plan and hold on-the-ground and virtual recruitment open houses and student events.
- Develop and monitor metrics to gauge success of recruiting and enrollment efforts.
- Plan and execute communication plans for prospective students that incorporate advertising, direct mail, e-mail, and social media strategies.
- Build and grow external relationships as well as support student workers as they are available to assist with responsibilities.
- Coordinate with community-based recruiters to ensure a coherent and effective recruiting strategy.
- Assist faculty and staff with ETI student advising.
- Develop and execute an effective alumni network and build effective communication and engagement channels and opportunities.
- Contributes to the overall success of ETI by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
UNT Dallas is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (including provisions for training, development, transfer and promotion) for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran's status.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in education related field, marketing, or PR/communications and four- five years of experience working in public schools and community colleges.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience in presentation of workshops and public speaking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate ability to organize and work independently as a leader and as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with faculty, staff, students, parents,
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Master's degree in education related field, marketing, or PR/communications.
- Six or more years of experience working with public school and community college students.
- Experience with student recruiting and enrollment.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree (or higher) from a regionally accredited college or university?
- * Do you have five years experience in working in public schools and community colleges?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)