The division of Pediatric Pulmonary seeks a Registered Nurse to provide dedicated support to a Pediatric Allergist/Immunologist within the division of Pediatric Pulmonary.
This position will be responsible for clinical support related to allergy and immunology needs, with cross coverage for pulmonary services. The RN will be trained to perform administration of allergy shots, assist with allergy testing included but not limited to skin testing and oral challenges.
The RN will be responsible for pharmaceutical duties within scope, including mixing allergen extract, and performing key specialty testing. The RN will support the allergy/immunology practice as related to incoming referrals and requests which require clinical oversight/review as well as telephone call coverage for the practice.
The RN will also be involved with prior authorizations related to allergy/immunology. Within the first 6 month of position attaining Asthma Education Certification will be expected of this RN.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds, or standing/walking and sitting for long
periods of time.
Monday-Friday 8a-5p (40/wk)
Basic Computer Skills, Knowledge of EMR preferred, Microsoft Office experience, Technical Skill Set, Communication, Customer Service, and Organizational Skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Please indicate your years of paid employment experience in Pediatric nursing.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Do you have paid employment experience in obtaining prior authorizations and/or working directly with insurance companies?
- * Please indicate you paid employment experience working in an allergy practice.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have experience in patient education?
- * Do you have experience with administering allergy testing?
- * Please explain why you are interested in this position with Pediatrics.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter