Administrative Support Associate - Journey
Position Number 014310
Position Classification Title Administrative Support Assc
Functional Title Administrative Support Associate - Journey
Position Type Staff
Position is a .75 FTE / Approximately 30 works hours a week.
The mission of the Social Work Department, is to educate students to become competent, engaged social workers who demonstrate the knowledge, ethics, values, and skills of the profession. We accomplish this goal within a transformative learning community that encourages the professional development of students, staff, and faculty. We promote civil rights and pursue social justice for oppressed and marginalized people. We improve the lives of citizens of the Piedmont Triad and beyond through our signature pedagogy, field instruction; through our community-engaged scholarship and research; and through the ongoing leadership of our students, alumni, and faculty. The Department of Social Work is part of the School of Health and Human Sciences.
The Administrative Suite of the Social Work Department provides essential support for the operation of the programs within Social Work. With a large undergraduate program, a joint MSW program, a forthcoming joint Ph.D. program and the recent acquisition of Gerontology, the department is complex and requires a lot of it's administrative associates. We have a strong culture of self-care and work life balance and pride ourselves on good communication and collegiality.
Provide Customer Service:
- Providing factual and procedural information about the Gerontology and JMSW Programs, application process and events.
- Responding to inquiries by applicants and students.
- Assist students with registration issues, override students into courses if needed.
Preparing, Reviewing or Processing Forms, Reports, Documents:
- Maintenance and filing of reports and records but not limited to departmental reports, student and course records.
- Submitting forms to other units to initiate an action ex. Student applications, other student forms, phone requests, printing orders, maintenance, faxing, mailing, scanning or electronic submission.
- Assisting students with form completion (GA's, PD-7, add/drop forms etc)
- Preparing and receiving course evaluation packages
- Checking and reconciling data reports.
Program Business and Records Administration:
- Organize and gather agency memoranda of agreement for Field Instruction Program
- Manage admissions forms, records, and reports
- Prepare admissions and student data for consideration by faculty and record results
- Integrate policies and procedures related to graduate admissions in JMSW Program to ensure policies, procedures, and records requirements of both universities are met (JMSW Program is joint with NC A&T State University)
- Assist faculty with reaccreditation paperwork, forms, documents, etc.
- Taking minutes and summarizing discussions for distribution.
- Composing and disseminating email correspondence.
- Provide factual and procedural information about program qualifications, course prerequisites, scholarships available in-house, academic progression requirements, prerequisite fulfillment, and course transfers
- Explain JMSW Program policies and procedures to both currently enrolled and prospective students, which requires extensive knowledge of this joint program and how it functions on the two campuses.
- Act as the liaison between the JMSW Program and many field instructors.
- Act as the departmental liaison with NC A&T State University regarding JMSW Program. Classes are taught on both campus year round and this requires constant interaction.
Using Technology, Software, and Equipment to View, Enter, Modify or Copy Data:
- Running reports from data bases using parameters and queries e.g. newsletter, student, alumni data bases.
- Maintaining web pages, making changes and updating as needed
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding networked copier/printer e.g. fixing copier jams and assisting with copier features, familiarity with copier/printer maintenance requirements.
Scheduling or Coordinating Meetings or Events:
- Arranging and tracking facility maintenance and repair schedules.
- Assisting with event/room reservations
- Arranging room and food setups
- Coordinating publicity for campus events
Maintaining Inventory and Placing Orders:
- Maintaining supply inventory and ordering supplies.
- Researching sources for specialized equipment and software.
- Processing items for surplus and locating items through Spartan Swap.
- Serving as Liaison between University and external vendors
Information processing and decision making:
- Review applications to verify admissions requirements are met
- Prepare admissions ratings documents and reports for Admissions Committee
- Work collaboratively with the Graduate School to resolve problems related to student applications
- Resolve problems related to course registration, graduation, and provision of graduate assistantships between the two universities
- Apply substantial curriculum and academic program knowledge in order to respond to student and applicant questions.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.
- One to Two Years University Experience
- Associate's Degree or Two Year College Equivalent.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Recruitment Range $22,311 - $25,645
Org #-Department Social Work - 12401
Work Hours of Position 30 hours /week, Monday - Friday
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Program Knowledge- Understands programs and services to apply this knowledge in problem-solving and responding to most questions and inquires. Uses program knowledge to interface with other offices and organizations
Problem Solving- Assesses and may resolve unpresented problems that require research and review of policy and procedures. Applies judgement for problem resolutions based on delegated authority from supervisor.
Written Communication- Composes written communication using standard formats. Composes correspondence involving program or operational procedures independently from general instructions or brief summaries.
Verbal Communication-Responds to questions/issues that deviate from standard operating procedures by determining and consulting appropriate resources such as policies, manuals or other staff. Responds to requests for program and procedural information. Contacts service recipients, vendors or clients to provide or obtain information. Schedules and coordinates meetings and events
Open Date 09/12/2017
Close Date 09/25/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 0.75 (3/4 Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 57
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Writing Sample(s)
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * Do you have experience using BannerStudent?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu