Administrative Staff Officer II
The Department of Toxicology & Cancer Biology is recruiting an Administrative Staff Officer II, to provide day-to-day financial management for the unit, ensuring the unit goals are implemented and achieved; and ensuring the financial stability of the unit. This position is also responsible for unit-wide review & of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the implementation and completion of strategic initiatives established under and on behalf of the Department Chair.
This position requires an experienced research budget officer to assist with grant administration, development and management of study budgets, processing and management of study and program financial accounts. Administrative Staff Officer II will perform budget & grant administration, financial management of cost centers and grants, workflow coordination & management of documents that need to be processed for various entities on campus (OSPA, SPA, IBU, etc.).
The position also requires knowledge of the University of Kentucky's research administration process, and the chosen applicant will complete this coursework through UK-specific training.
Administrative Staff Officer II
7H018:GRADUATE CENTER FOR TOXICOLOGY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Repetitive motion. Exposure to PC screens. Sitting for long periods of time.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (40 hrs/wk). Additional hours as necessary.
Microsoft professional programs, SAP finance, BW, Adobe Acrobat
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelor's degree with more than 5 years experience in grant management or research budgets, plus SAP & BW experience
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- * Please describe your greatest challenge in sponsored projects budget management, what you did to try & resolve it, as well as the result(s) of your actions.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in financial management, analysis, or budget preparation.
- More than 0, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- Cover Letter