Assistant, Associate, or Professor of Pathology
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Kentucky is recruiting a board certified anatomic/clinical pathologist with additional certification/training in surgical pathology and cytopathology. The successful candidate would join an academic hospital-based practice and engage primarily in clinical service at Good Samaritan Hospital and teaching duties. This open-rank position is available immediately and will remain open until the appropriate individual is recruited.
The department (http://www.mc.uky.edu/pathology/) is an integrated department of pathology with successful programs in anatomic and clinical pathology, a vibrant educational program for medical students, residents and fellows as well as a nationally-recognized research program in neuropathology and research affiliations with the Markey Cancer Center. There is a strong institutional commitment to maintain and enhance research and clinical excellence within the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
The primary responsibilities of this individual are to provide clinical services in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at UKHealthCare's two hospitals on the Lexington Campus, Chandler and Good Samaritan (primary location) as well as occasional coverage at St. Claire Medical Center in Morehead. The candidate would be expected to assume clinical responsibilities which include serving as an attending physician on anatomic and clinical pathology services. In addition, this position will provide clinical teaching to residents and participate in scholarly initiatives of the Department and the College of Medicine and may assume administrative efforts as needed.
Please include an up to date curriculum vitae and letter of interest summarizing service and teaching philosophy as well as a brief statement of potential clinical research goals (upload under Specific Request 1). Please direct any questions regarding this position to:
C. Darrell Jennings, MD
Professor and Chairman
Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
University of Kentucky Medical Center
800 Rose Street, Room MS119
Lexington, KY 40536-0298
Fax: (859) 257-7572
Assistant, Associate, or Professor of Pathology
Type of Position
Position Time Status
MD, DO or equivalent
Required Related Experience
Fellowship training or comparable experience in surgical pathology and cytopathology.
This position requires a demonstrated ability in teaching at all levels in an academic environment, as well as knowledge of pathology and laboratory medicine practices in a variety of clinical, teaching and research environments. In addition, this position requires a demonstrated interest and ability in scholarly activity evidenced by peer review publications and investigative experience.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Board certification or eligibility by the American Board of Pathology in anatomic and clinical pathology and certification or eligibility in the subspecialty of Cytopathology
License to practice medicine in Kentucky
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- Specific Request 1