The Nurse Clinician will serve the KY Oral Health Clinic at Turfland, primarily with Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. The Nurse Clinician assists the surgeon with any adverse outcomes related to case, and with management of any anesthetic or surgical emergencies.
The Nurse Clinician will monitor and record baseline, intra-op and post-op vital signs, as well as report any abnormal readings or other pertinent health history to provider. Other duties include: administer medications under the verbal order of provider, act as point of contact for patients and/or other healthcare entities, and complete post-op evaluation of patient prior to transporting patient following sedation procedures.
The person in this position will: prepare patient for procedure sedation including nasal cannula, blood pressure, ECG leads, pulse oximeter, placement of intravenous catheter and local cases include pre-op blood pressure. This position will also complete timeout process, ensuring correct patient, procedure, consent and supplies are obtained prior to giving medications, as well as review post-op instructions with patient and escort.
The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced high volume environment.
7A007:Dentistry Clinical Affairs & Patient Care
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Standing for long periods of time.
Monday - Friday, Day Shift.
Ability to thrive in a fast paced high volume
environment. Accuracy, attention to detail,
patient care, knowledge of vital monitoring,
time management, organization, teamwork.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Nurse with experience in dental procedures preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently have a valid Kentucky nursing license or eligible to obtain one?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience as a registered nurse.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have working in a dental and/or medical office?
- More than 0 years, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Please describe your paid employment experience in an Oral Surgery practice.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your nursing experience in detail.
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter