Summary: The Maintenance Technician, working under direct supervision, assists with general and preventive maintenance service, as directed. This position is responsible for the general maintenance of the entire property, including responding in a timely manner to guest room problems, as well as being assigned to specific projects.
- Repairs electrical systems, outlets, and cords; resets breakers; installs motors and belts as needed; responds to all electrical requests as needed; performs preventive maintenance on electrical equipment as scheduled.
- Stops overflowing and clogged toilets; unstops showers and sinks; repairs valves, gaskets and lines (i.e. water, sewer, steam, and condensate lines); responds to all requests for plumbing service as directed; performs preventive maintenance on plumbing equipment as scheduled.
- Monitors HVAC chemical equipment; changes filters and fan belts; opens HVAC drains; performs preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment as scheduled.
- Performs carpentry repairs on doors, door hardware, windows, storm window fabrication, walls, shelving, and other carpentry repairs as needed.
- Performs patching, caulking, priming, staining, and painting ceilings, walls, doors, windows, and other items as needed.
- Installs and repairs door hardware and locks. Makes keys.
- Makes repairs to vehicles (i.e. gas and electric).
- Installs tile and other floor coverings.
- Cleans pools, adds chemicals as needed; removes and replaces pool floor recovering.
- Adheres to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee Handbook and reports any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Maintains the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Maintains a good working relationship with all Departments.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High School diploma plus specialized training with one to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting repairs and installation.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting skills and experience relative to residential and light commercial HVAC and/or building electrical systems.
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolds, hydraulic lifts, or in tunnels and crawl spaces.
- Ability to practice effective verbal communication skills with clients and staff.
- Ability to read, understand and abide by all safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Talking, hearing, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, standing, walking, lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, fingering, and grasping. The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as operations of machines; using measurement devices; and/or visual inspections of small parts or devices. The employee is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. The employee is subject to hazards, noise, extreme cold and oils.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in building automation systems and/or high voltage systems.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States