Central Services Technician/On-Call/UKHC
Responsible for assembling and processing surgical instrument trays, decontamination of used instruments, answering phone calls, responding to OR requests, maintain cleanliness of the department/workstations, multitasking skill with attention to details is required.
Central sterile processing certification required within 18 months of hire
Central Services Technician/On-Call/UKHC
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
This position requires a considerable amount of physical work lifting up to 50 pounds. Any workload exceeding 50 pounds will require assistance. Employee is required to pull up and position patients on stretchers/OR tables, lift supplies/instruments, lift and place equipment on supports, push stretchers, and perform external cardiac compressions. Intermittent physical mobility/activity including walking, standing, sitting, light lifting, pulling or pushing carts, equipment, etc. Must be able to bend body downward at the waist and, be able to kneel. Exposure to sharps, instruments, equipment, x-ray, blood and body fluids, odors, infections, and some hazardous chemicals.
Must be available to work on days/evenings and/or night shifts with some weekends and holidays plus call required. This is an on call position with no benefits.
Basic knowledge of aseptic techniques, following the universal standard precautions, must adhere to UK Healthcare policies, able to read and follow the manufacturer guidelines, any knowledge of operating room instrumentation, processing technique and equipment care is preferred.
Central sterile processing certification required within 18 months of hire.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Previous central sterile experience, preferred. Current Certified CST highly preferred
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of experience do you have working in central sterile or the operating room?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have experience working in Central Sterile environment?
- * Do you have a good understanding of decontamination and the central sterilization process?
- * Are you currently working in a central sterilization position?
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter