Director, Procurement Services
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Director of Procurement Services leads the central procurement function and engages in a collaborative spirit with all academic, research, and administrative departments, leveraging and delivering procurement best practices. The Director will provide leadership for the development and execution of all initiatives related to transforming current practices, including developing and implementing a refined strategic sourcing strategy. These efforts will result in the department becoming a more highly valued and efficient procurement organization benefiting the University.
- Delivers the procurement value proposition to the University in a decentralized, collaborative, and relationship-driven environment, with a focus on operational excellence, customer service, and the total procure-to-pay lifecycle.
- Leads, inspires, and develops a customer service oriented and high-performing team environment that embraces a culture of trusting communication, commitment, accountability, and respect.
- Creates a vision and plan for success that embraces strategic spend management and sourcing best practices, including the leadership of major strategic negotiations benefiting the University.
- Influences and builds consensus by developing collaborative partnerships and cultivating strong relationships with campus customers.
- Understands and leverages the use of data to support decision making, continual process and customer service improvement, confirmation, or making necessary changes in path-forward activities, and analyzing staffing patterns and workload to support the University’s goals and objectives.
- Serves as a valued and respected leader in Financial Services, embracing a strong partnership and team-spirited model, and participates in strategic planning, development, and execution.
- Establishes comprehensive and valued contract administration practices in partnership with the University Legal Department and business units.
- Establishes and executes environmentally and socially responsible procurement policies.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management and eight to ten years of progressively more responsible experience in procurement/supply chain management.
- Experience leading, developing, empowering, and transforming a Procurement Services department to bring the greatest value to an organization.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with a proven ability to lead/manage change, build consensus, influence, and be a trusted and collaborative partner, leading innovative strategies and diverse initiatives, and managing complex business issues.
- Knowledge of superior customer service standards and practices, and the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Proven experience in implementing and gaining wide adoption of strategic spend management and electronic procurement systems by having a deep understanding of the interface between process, data evaluation, and technology.
- Superior understanding of regulatory and legal requirements related to procurement, contract management, and supplier management.
- Ability to establish and maintain corporate relationships with suppliers and subcontractors, and to skillfully negotiate and/or mediate contracts and service level agreements on behalf of and to the benefit of the University.
- Proficiency in computer use and related software, eprocurement systems, and the ability to learn new applications and understand systems integration.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- MBA or other related advanced degree, certification in procurement management, and leadership and procurement management responsibility in higher education, preferably a private institution, is highly desirable.
- Experience with Workday.
- Responsible for own work.
- Manages staff/student workers.
- Budgetary responsibilities.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States