UI/UX Designer (Digital Content Strategist)
San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
UI/UX Designer (Digital Content Strategist)
Job Number: 2017482
Location: San Marcos
Department: Office of University Marketing
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: 3,829.00 - 4,166.00
Job Category: Exempt
• Deep understanding of the responsive web, with defensible opinions about how content and design fit together to make useful, beautiful and fast websites
• Professional experience managing, growing and publishing a complex website, with a strong focus on content strategy and information architecture
• A strong knowledge base and support for decisions based on data, analytics, research and trends
• Experience with Mac OS and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience capturing photojournalistic style images/video
• Basic understanding of modern, semantic HTML and CSS
• Excellent everyday communication skills, both oral and written
• Experience communicating with clients of varying levels of technical and creative expertise in a professional setting
• Proven ability to work autonomously and efficiently with limited supervision
• Familiarity with information architecture software such as Axure, OmniGraffle, Treejack or similar
• Strong experience writing concise web and social media copy that is both engaging and useful
• Experience with content management systems
• Experience with social channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) for an organization
• Professional experience with higher education issues and audiences
• Experience working under the direction of art/creative directors to produce images/video
The digital content strategist's role is to provide support for web initiatives and social media efforts through content creation and strategy. They will specialize in information architecture and content strategy for websites across the institution. The digital content strategist will leverage industry best practices and analytics to streamline and continuously enhance user experience on the university's home page, top-level and high-traffic websites and social media channels. This is a one year fixed term position.
• Collaborate with multiple teams focused on creating and maintaining best-in-class digital experiences on the web and in social
• Lead content strategy and information architecture initiatives for top-level university web properties, both existing and new
• Develop and execute systems and processes to ensure that website content is relevant and accurate
• Communicate with clients about project needs and requirements
• Create, manage and publish content to the Texas State homepage, social channels and other core digital properties
• Pioneer and grow strategies to elevate the perception of Texas State University based on industry best practices, user feedback and analytics
• Assist with social media strategy and content creation
Additional Information to Applicants:
1) The working title for this role is Digital Content Strategist. Please read the duties and qualifications carefully before applying.
2) This is a one year, fixed-term project position. See description for more details.
You will be required to electronically attach a cover letter and resume.
Job Open Date: 08/30/2017
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End: 5:00PM
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco free campus.
Texas State University is an EOE and a member of the Texas State University System.
Apply Online at Texas State University
Texas State University main webpage
Summary of Benefits
Texas State University Human Resources
San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce