Assistant to the Chief Information Officer (Reg FT)
Assistant to the Chief Information Officer (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Performs significant and advanced administrative assistance to the Chief Information Officer. Provides support in functional areas of the division as assigned; accountable for management of complex clerical and administrative duties; may review the work of assigned clerical personnel. Works under limited supervision with significant latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Must be able to use all software available to the department with proficiency.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than September 22, 2017. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Campus: Office of College Services
Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of three years of experience in similarly responsible positions in complex institutions; proven logistical and project management skills. Ability to manage complex and multiple projects on behalf of the Chief Information Officer; excellent ability to exercise good judgment and critical thinking skills; strong ability to research complex issues and report outcomes to the Chief Information Officer; ability to handle confidential matters with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response; ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently under pressure.
Proficient using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook and any other software programs utilized by the department; proficient using the internet. Keep apprised of applicable laws and regulations. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
1. Plans, manages and implements complex programs that are sponsored by the department and the college and allocates the budget related to those programs.
2. Researches issues and concerns addressed to the Chief Information Officer (including confidential and sensitive issues) and reports findings to the Chief Information Officer; may determine appropriate course of action; and /or may refer or respond when appropriate.
3. Assists the Chief Information Officer by writing, editing and preparing correspondence (that can be confidential and/or sensitive), speeches, reports, articles, tweets; prepares PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets; collects data using Survey Monkey and other systems; and consults with employees for the production of analytics for consideration by the Chief Information Officer; proofreads and drafts copy for programs, invitations and other materials; track RSVPs; coordinates events at the College with other departments including the Assistant to the President; updates the web presence for the division, the divisions social media presence and assists in the mailings.
4. Assists the Chief Information Officer in the development and review of the current and proposed department budgets; processes orders; assists in ensuring that budgets are reviewed on an ongoing basis by the Chief Information Officer. Performs accounting functions related to accounts payable or receivables.
5. Performs a wide-variety of complex, responsible and confidential administrative duties for the Chief Information Officer including managing the calendar; completing reports; arranging travel plans, itineraries and agendas, and compiling documents associated with travel related meetings; develops and maintains the minutes for meetings coordinated by the Chief Information Officer and other staff as assigned.
6. Manages the day to day operations of the Office of the Chief Information Officer.
7. Serves as the Chief Information Officer's gatekeeper and interprets and explains College policies, rules, and guidelines in response to inquiries; refers inquiries as appropriate; provides direct access to the Chief Information Officer through management of the calendar and appointments.
8. Provides logistics and arranges meetings and conferences; keeps the Chief Information Officer well informed of commitments and responsibilities; attends various on- and off-site meetings, hearings, conferences, and events.
9. Provides assistance and service to internal and external contacts in relation to the divisional area.
10. Stays current and keeps the Chief Information Officer abreast of key College strategies, goals, and policies and ensures that the campus advances the mission, strategies, and goals of the college.
11. Understands organizational policies and procedures to ensure appropriate protocols are followed; ensures that the department archives records according to the college records retention schedule.
12. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and manages projects and/or follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
13. Initiates and maintains a variety of files and records; orders and purchases supplies and catering for the office and department.
14. Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of assigned clerical personnel and work study students; assist with the completion of performance evaluations of assigned personnel; train staff in office methods and procedures.
15. Provides support in the functional areas of the division as assigned.
16. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.