Operations Manager, Fritz Knoebel Events
The Operations Manager is responsible for organizing and overseeing the student managers operating the Beans outlets; ensuring the quality of food, beverage and service in Beans meet the units high standards; ensuring Beans ongoing fiscal success and providing operations backup in Fritz Knoebel Events to the Assistant Director of Operations. In addition, the person in this role provides support to the Director of Sales by: Contacting clients to set up detailing appointments for all Fritz Knoebel Events; Creating banquet orders for all Fritz Knoebel Events and discussing banquet orders and clients needs at weekly operations meetings; Updating and routing change orders for all upcoming events and monitoring clients food and beverage deadlines; Assisting Director of Sales with all logistical planning for industry tradeshows, quarterly luncheons and Fritz Knoebel Event Showcases; Assisting in obtaining forms of payment, certificate of insurance and contracts; Assisting Director of Sales with setting up and conducting site tours; Conducting tastings with upcoming clients; Assisting with wedding ceremonies and rehearsals and with any other large scale events when needed; Conducting pre-conference meetings with operations team on any large scale events; Solidifying AV needs, parking and any conversions equipment for upcoming events; Assisting Director of Sales by attending industry professional events such as MPI, PCMA, MIC and HSMAI; Assisting Director of Sales on internal and external sales calls; Assisting Director of Sales with creation and implementation of marketing strategies to obtain new streams of business for Fritz Knoebel Events, including social media; Answering incoming phone calls and e-mail sales inquiries.
Operation and Employee Management Beans coffee shops
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring process.
- Guide/mentor/develop/coach/evaluate student workers.
- Support student managers in daily operations, guide in annual transition between teams.
- Provide staffing and supervision of Beans outlets according to Fritz Knoebel productivity, service and financial standards.
- Ensure completion of training/certification of all personnel according to their function specific materials.
- Lead and/or attend all required meetings.
- Manage and document the performance of all direct reports - counsel and discipline per DU HR guidelines.
- Will directly supervise 8-10 student managers and up to 40 student event center and coffee bar personnel.
- Work with clients to detail booked events.
- Make internal and external sales calls.
- Address (potential) client inquiries made via phone or email.
- Ensure deposits, completed contracts, liability insurance, and authorized method of payment are all secured prior to events.
- Creating banquet event orders and updating/routing change orders as needed.
- Arranging/processing AV needs, parking, and facility maintenance requests.
- Preparing for/participating in pre-conference/pre-event meetings of the Fritz Knoebel Events team and with clients.
- Work with Director of Operations as needed to ensure goals are accomplished.
- Work with Assistant Director of Operations as needed to ensure goals are accomplished.
- Work with Executive Chef as needed to ensure goals are accomplished.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide guidance and oversight in banquet operations in the absence of the Assistant Director of Operations, including engaging with clients as needed during event execution.
- Ensure the facility is well kept and presentable and that any maintenance, safety or security issues are addressed promptly.
- Two-year hospitality/culinary degree or equivalent experience.
- One year of supervisory experience in a hotel or food service/restaurant venue.
- Ability to obtain and retain ServSafe Food and Alcohol certifications.
- Four-year hospitality degree.
- Two years of supervisory experience in a hotel or food service/restaurant venue.
- Active ServSafe Food and Alcohol certifications.
- Knowledge of state and local liquor code guidelines.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Wednesday, September 27, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.