Job Title: Content Developer
Job ID: 24259
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 1038, Range 1
Department: Marketing and Communications - CIES
About the Position
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, Communications, and Outreach the Content Developer is responsible for establishing and maintaining standards and messaging for the content used in marketing and communication campaigns and projects for the College of International and Extended Studies (CIES) in support of its outreach and programs. This includes written material, web site content and video content development. This position works on day-to-day content related tasks, as well as long-term planning and strategizing in content development and coordination of content sources. The Content Developer is largely responsible for maintaining quality and consistency of message, tone, and brand while editing and writing content for CIES websites, advertisements, communication plans and internal and external collateral.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Research and write for CIES printed collateral such as brochures, flyers, advertisements and displays based on CIES messaging and style
- Edit all marketing and communications content before printing to ensure consistency, accuracy, style and tone
- Write or edit communication plans and email templates for CRM distribution and through other outlets as assigned
- Schedule revisions of content based on changes to policy, plan, strategy or other changes
- Coordinate with CIES and SJSU college partners on topical and emerging information for inclusion in materials
- Maintain CIES messaging matrix for key audiences
- Apply market research to messaging strategy
- Maintain process for review and approval of new CIES marketing content
- Coordinate messaging with CIES staff and campus and other partners
- Help write and/or edit internal presentations and reports
- Provide content for CIES websites according to messaging and style including content for new sites and platforms
- Write content for social media, blogs and other web-related marketing outlets as assigned
- Audit CIES webpages and suggest content improvement
- Coordinate with Webmaster on presentation of content
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24259.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.