Medical Director of the Penn Medicine Program for LGBT Health
The Division of General Internal Medicine in the Department of Medicine at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania seeks candidates for an Assistant Professor position in the non-tenure academic-clinician track. Applicants must have an M.D. or equivalent degree and have demonstrated excellent qualifications in clinical care and education.
The Penn Medicine Program for LGBT Health is in search of a Medical Director to establish and develop a LGBT Health and Wellness Center. The Center will care for LGBT patients, their families and allies. The mission of the Center is to provide high quality care and service to LGBT patients, families and allies in a compassionate and respectful environment.
The Program for LGBT Health is an interdisciplinary program, involving the Perelman School of Medicine, School of Nursing, School of Dental Medicine, School of Social Policy and Practice, Center for Public Health Initiatives, and affiliated health systems (The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania Health System, and Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center). The mission of the Program for LGBT Health is to improve the care of LGBT populations by becoming a local and national leader in LGBT patient care, education, research, and advocacy.
The Medical Director will be responsible for establishing and overseeing the development of the Health and Wellness Center and its day-to-day operations. The Medical Director will manage all aspects of the Center’s policies and programs and supervises all other providers and staff at the Center. The Medical Director will promote and provide comprehensive and patient-focused primary care for LGBT patients, families and allies.
• Lead in the establishment and development of a LGBT Health and Wellness Center.
• Assist in strategic planning and development and implementation of the goals and objectives to ensure the long-term success and sustainability of the Center
• Dedicate time to comprehensive, family-orientated care for patients, including health examinations, treatment of medical conditions, and making appropriate referrals to providers from other disciplines.
• Provide oversight of delivery of medical care by other providers.
• Cultivate relationships and community partnerships to attract patients to the Center, including fostering a relationship with the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
• Assist in ensuring the sustainability of the Wellness Center through the development of an annual budget, adherence with budgetary guidelines, and oversight of provider productivity.
• Ensure the provision of LGBT health education and training to medical students, residents, and fellows.
• Respected practitioner with experience in a medical leadership role and academic and/or research experience in LGBT health. Practitioners board certified in internal medicine-pediatrics, or internal medicine and adolescent medicine also encouraged to apply.
• Extensive knowledge of LGBT health and LGBT patient care, with specific expertise in transgender patient care.
• Ability to deliver excellent and compassionate care to diverse communities.
• Inclusive leadership skills and the ability to work as a team member.
• Excellent communication and listening skills for interacting with patients and representing the Wellness Center and the Penn Medicine Program for LGBT Health.
We seek candidates who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense.
The University of Pennsylvania is an EOE. Minorities/Women/Individuals with disabilities/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply for this position online at: https://www.med.upenn.edu/apps/faculty_ad/index.php/g/d4769