Director of Financial Operations
Director of Financial Operations
Brown School of Social Work
Washington University in St. Louis
Brown School of Social Work is seeking an experienced finance professional to serve as the chief financial steward providing financial information, analysis and advice to the Dean. The Director of Financial Operations is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Brown School’s financial resources to advance both near and long term institutional goals. The Director reports to the Associate Dean for Administration, with a dotted line relationship to the Dean, and provides supervisory oversight of five employees who staff the Business Office of the School which is responsible for accounts payable, procurements, non-tuition income, postage system, equipment purchases/leases, the use of University preferred vendors, floater insurance, asset maintenance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Collaborating with the Dean and Associate Dean for Administration to develop and monitor the School’s annual and projected operating budget and use of restricted and unrestricted funds, including year-end closing, quarterly reconciliation and variance analysis and explanations for year-to-year and actual-to-budget comparisons.
- Serving as the subject-matter expert in the effective and efficient management of the Brown School’s financial resources.
- Providing financial projections based on current year activity and the year-end picture, as well as future projections based on current knowledge of upcoming expenses, recruiting and staffing, trend analysis based on student population and tuition income, external funding that exists and using the knowledge of those proposed and the probability of those that will be funded.
- Overseeing a collaborative budgeting process with each of the administrative units of the School.
- Performing financial analyses and preparing various financial and/or personnel related documents, to include those requiring the Dean’s approval, which represent the School’s financial status as a whole, as well as those that analyze specific areas to include funds allocated for a specific agenda.
- Analyzing proposals for new programs and/or initiatives.
- Representing the School in financial discussions and negotiations with the University’s Central Administration, other Schools and Departments of the University and outside vendors.
Required qualifications include a Bachelor’s in Business Administration or a related field with at least five years of accounting-related and supervisory experience. Knowledge of financial management software and tools, outstanding quantitative and professional writing experience, and experience working with diverse professional staff is also required. Preferred qualifications include a master’s in Business Administration or a CPA with at least seven years of accounting-related and supervisory experience in an educational/non-profit institution.
To succeed in the role, the Director will possess exceptional management/supervisory skills to effectively manage a staff with diverse skill sets toward achievement of financial and operational goals with a commitment to and understanding of professional education, research, and service missions of the School and the ability to manage budget and resource allocation process with research centers, administrative units, faculty, and staff.
To be considered for this position, apply on line at https://jobs.wustl.edu/ job # 37810 or email resume and letter stating interest to:
Executive Director, Talent Management
Washington University School of Medicine
Apply for Director of Financial Operations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly