Administrative Support Coordinator
Job Title: Administrative Support Coordinator
Job ID: 24262
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Code: 1035, Range 1
Department: School of Social Work
About the Position
**This is a Part-Time Temporary appointment at 20 hours per week**
The Administrative Support Coordinator will work independently, under general supervision, to provide moderately complex administrative and clerical support to the School Director and School students, faculty, and staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides support for the overall working of the office and customer service.
- Assists Administrative Analyst in coordinating and processing hiring paperwork, travel requests and expenses, office expenditures, and reimbursements.
- Assists Administrative Analyst in coordinating and processing faculty evaluations, including SOTEs, and annual and periodic reviews.
- Perform all activities pertaining to payroll, including collection of payroll vouchers, payroll records, and payroll warrant distribution for faculty, staff, and student assistants.
- Process purchase requisitions and assigns tracking numbers. Oversee the maintenance of School supplies and copy and other equipment in order to support faculty and programs.
- Collects receipts and processes reimbursements.
- Prepares travel authorizations, reimbursements, and conference registrations.
- Prepares check requests, deposits, scholarship awards, and other account payable items.
- Provides reception and services for visitors (Faculty, Staff, Students, and Community) to the office.
- Assists with meetings related to the School.
- Serves as resource and provides guidance to internal and external customers regarding School, College, and SJSU policy and procedures on purchasing and student petitions.
- Maintains interdepartmental communications via email, voice mail, or the web.
- Posts job announcements for students.
- Coordinates, organizes, prepares various materials, communications, and mailings, and oversees their distribution under direction of the work lead.
- Assists Administrative Analyst and School Director in preparing schedule of classes, and identifying, requesting, and assigning classrooms via campus scheduling procedures.
- Enters the Schedule of Classes into PeopleSoft and process changes or corrections by processing deadlines.
- Assists in student enrollment, including the control and issue of course codes, and adding students to classes.
- Maintains curriculum file (i.e., syllabi), processes major and minor curriculum forms, and assists in the updates of the campus catalog.
- Distributes and collects grade rosters and coordinates accurate completion of rosters with faculty members.
- Coordinates distribution of faculty evaluations (SOTES) and scheduling of faculty peer reviews.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24262.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.