Program Rep, American Language Center, UCLA Extension
Serving a vital community outreach and engagement role for the UCLA campus, UCLA Extension is the largest organization of its type in California and is considered to be one of the top 10 programs in the United States. UCLA Extension is entirely self-supporting, receiving no state or campus funding.
PROGRAM REP, American Language Center, UCLA Extension
Under direction of the Director of the American Language Center, Program Rep II has oversight on program planning & implementation; Study Abroad application processing, communicating with applicants and agencies, communicating with campus academic departments, budget development & monitoring; marketing & promotion efforts; administrative support for the Director, academic and coordination support for the Unit Director, assistance to instructors, coordinating CANVAS training for new instructors, as well as academic and cultural advising to students. The Program Rep II also supports ALC enrollment services in coordinating group enrollments, arranging housing, liaising with the UCLA Campus Housing Office, facilitating, and following up on intensive program group enrollments.
- Ability to respond to customer needs and expectations in a supportive and professional manner, with attention to promptness and a focus on solutions.
- Knowledge of and experience with generally accepted accounting principles, particularly as applicable to a non-profit environment. Mathematical skills sufficient to calculate budgetary figures, using computations such as ratios, rates and percentages applied to general categories (personnel costs, programmatic data, and overhead costs), and other financial information with speed and accuracy.
- Skill in planning, preparation, and analysis of fiscal budgets, including comparative trends for use in budgetary review meetings. Deep understanding and user ability of Destiny. Skill in organizing and performing a variety of tasks that need to be carried out simultaneously and with frequent interruptions.
- Skill in working with a team or independently on a variety of interdependent functions.
- Demonstrated skill with microcomputer and various software applications including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Ability to work at or travel to various satellite locations and ability to work evenings and weekends to meet program needs. Knowledge of University ESL programs, prerequisites, course levels and enrollment procedures. Fluency in one or more foreign languages.
Full information concerning the job qualifications are listed on the official UCLA job posting.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may apply for this position using the UCLA Career Opportunities website. Go to https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu and search for Requisition 26639. Or, quicklink: http://ucla.in/2wcERvt
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks’ vacation per year; an average of 12 days sick leave per year; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting; and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. One free Extension class per quarter. There also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.