PROVOST and DEAN OF THE FACULTY
PROVOST and DEAN OF THE FACULTY
Lourdes University (www.lourdes.edu), an independent Catholic Franciscan University, is accepting nominations and applications for the position of Provost and Dean of the Faculty. Reporting to the President, the Provost serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet and has responsibility for overseeing faculty, curricular issues, and all academic and student support services of the University.
The University seeks an experienced academic leader who is committed to student success, will inspire the faculty and staff, and will work with the President and leadership to fulfill the University’s mission, strategic plan and institutional goals. This position offers the Provost and Dean of Faculty an exciting opportunity to partner with President Gawelek and the dedicated and engaged administrators, faculty, and staff. The new Provost will be expected to take office on or around July 1, 2018.
The Provost and Dean of the Faculty will:
- Provide the vision for the direction, revision, and creation of academic programs of high quality offered in a variety of formats;
- Work with faculty to provide timely academic programs of high quality in a variety of formats;
- Supervise Academic Support Center, Career Services, Duns Scotus Library, Information Technology Services and Instructional Design, Registrar, Lifelong Learning, and Planetarium;
- Supervise the following:
- Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences, Business and Leadership, Nursing, and Social Sciences
- Graduate Program Directors
- Facilitator of Student Support Services
- Facilitator of Academic Support Services
- Chief Information Officer
- Academic Affairs Senior Administrative Assistant
- Receive the recommendations of the Faculty Senate, School Deans, Programs Directors and the Academic Affairs staff regarding academic regulations, academic programs, and academic and faculty sections of the University policy manual;
- Recruit, hire and evaluate all full-time and part-time faculty and make recommendations about faculty continuation and promotion to the President;
- Make final decisions about students’ academic status at the University, and exceptions to the published academic policy;
- Make final decisions regarding course offerings, faculty loads, and the Catalog;
- Oversees the budget of all departments in area of responsibility;
- Oversee all state, disciplineand higher education academic accreditation requirements;
- Advise the President on all academic matters;
- Represent all academic programs to internal and external communities;
- Facilitate the University’s assessment activities and accreditation; and
- Demonstrate a consistent commitment to the University mission and Franciscan values.
The Provost and Dean of the Faculty will process:
- An ability to provide leadership in integrating technology into the educational process.
- vision for the cultivation of programs in liberal arts and professional studies in the 21st century, including recruitment and marketing.
- A demonstrated ability to effect change, empower people, and successfully manage challenge and conflict.
- A history of strong strategic planning and decision-making skills in an academic setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including willingness to communicate openly and frequently with all constituents.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited college or university.
- n understanding of and strong commitment to the mission and values of Lourdes University.
- Experience in academic administration and leadership, specifically:
- Program development using a range of academic formats
- Strategic planning
- Instructional resource allocation
- Academic personnel management
- A distinguished record of teaching, scholarship and collegial service that will merit an appointment to an academic rank (professor or associate professor is preferred).
About the University
Lourdes University is a comprehensive institution founded in 1958 and sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio. Rooted in its Catholic and Franciscan traditions, Lourdes’ strikingly beautiful northwest Ohio campus enrolls nearly 1,000 undergraduate and more than 200 graduate students. Lourdes students benefit from the liberal arts curriculum and professional studies with an 11:1 student to faculty ratio. Through its Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business and Leadership, Nursing, Social sciences, and the Graduate School, Lourdes offers more than 30 bachelor and master degree programs. Its curricula flows from a strong liberal arts and professional studies core and reflects a deep commitment to service. The University is ideally situated on 127 acres in suburban Sylvania, Ohio, a few miles from Toledo and a short drive from the urban centers of Ann Arbor, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, and Columbus. Lourdes’ next Provost and Dean of the Faculty will embrace the University’s values as a community of learning, reverence and service.
Lourdes University is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt - Fennell. Nominations and application materials should be submitted via email to Lourdes@hyatt-fennell.com. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references, submitted in separate documents. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted prior to November 3, 2017 to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential. Lourdes University is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information contact:
Cheryl Hyatt - 724-242-0476